Should I be worried about scripts randomly being deleted?

I’ve been working on a new massive game over the past few weeks and for some odd reason, scripts seem to be randomly deleting themselves. I’ve had two local scripts just vanish out of thin air, and I’ve had to use download old place versions to restore them. It’s not that big of a hassle to get them back again, the main problem is that, should I be worried about any potential threats to my game as a whole? Could there be a potential virus in my game? In the past month, I’ve downloaded a total of 3 plugins so far, and before that, I haven’t downloaded any in about 1-2 years. The thing is, the plugins I’ve downloaded should be totally safe. I’ve downloaded Rojo 7 by @LPChatGuy, Lines Of Code by @sleitnick, and Script Line Counter by @sayhisam1. I have uninstalled all three of these plugins, with Script Line Counter having been uninstalled for about 10 days or so, but it has been opened while I was working on my game, which could potentially do some harm. I am very confident that the plugins I have installed are safe and trustworthy, I just want to be sure since this current project is not something I want to risk at all.

1 Like

First of all.

Possible Causes
  • Are (or were) their ‘Archivable’ value set to true?
  • Are you working with another person?
1 Like

Have you used any free models from the toolbox?

Search ever folder/model/Part in your game and in all the services in Studio using the search term classname:script or classname:localscript. If you’ve used a corrupted free model or plugin it may have put a script in your game in some obscure place.

1 Like

I am working by myself, but yes, their ‘Archivable’ properties were all set to true. This is the same for absolutely every instance in my entire game, yet only local scripts specifically have disappeared, and only in this one game and not any of my other projects.

No, I haven’t used a single free model (other than ones made by me) in my game.

EDIT: Well actually I did insert 2 free models. A mesh pack and the ZonePlus model. The mesh pack I have just checked and contains 0 scripts or anything of that sort, and the ZonePlus module model I have been using for a few years now and nothing like this has happened. Just to make sure, I checked the owner and it was indeed made by @Nanoblox

Try using the Explorer Search tool as I suggested, you may find something that’s been added.

1 Like

Weird.
Forgot to include this on the first one, Before they dissapeared, Did they stop working?
I had this happen on a local script of mine before too.

Maybe a roblox bug?
Who knows.

1 Like

What’s strange is that I didn’t even notice that they were missing, even after playtesting the game numerous times. I only noticed they were missing when I went to open StarterPlayerScripts and accidently opened StarterCharacterScripts and saw that my DoubleJump script was gone. This is definitely because I simply wasn’t double jumping during my play tests, since I was mostly testing map loading and other stuff like that. 20-40 minutes before I had noticed they were missing they were working totally fine.

I’m starting to think it’s my own stupidity and I just deleted the scripts / instances accidently when I was reorganizing the game, since I do that a lot.

1 Like