Should I consider reducing the amount of clutter in my systems?

Now, as a neurodivergent person, I think this looks awful to deal with and would not be user-friendly considering I would want to open-source this at some time:

my god

That is not even the full list. Now, all of the scripts have extensive work put into them with 10s and 40s of lines and I can only work so hard. Main point: Will it be worth it to organize everything and make it user-friendly?

If organising screws over your code and you have to rewrite it, maybe do, maybe don’t. If not then hell yeah, go for it.

If you are working with multiple devs, then you should organize it

For example, I use folders

Keeping it neat means less scrolling

Oh, this is just a solo project developed by me.

1 Like

You don’t have to, but I think you should because it makes finding where scripts are, and managing them, way easier, especially if you plan on making a bigger game.

Oh wait, I already replied here, sorry.

1 Like

Hmmm, I do plan on making a bigger game! Thanks for the help!

1 Like

What do the scripts do and how are the events triggered. 10s and 40s lines of code is not much really. You need to look at the common functions / code blocks in the scripts and perhaps see where 1 script could cover 2 or 3 (or more) current scripts.
As an example, You really don’t want 17 scripts all checking for User Input individually as the duplicated resources would soon add up.