Should I Continue A Free Model Pack?

Hey all!

Just wanted to know do you think I should finish this free model pack? Im going to make it a furniture pack for anyone and wanted to know what you think :))

12 Likes

Free models are always a great help to newer developers. So I think you should finish it! They look great so far!

1 Like

I think it would be awesome for you to continue your pack!

But even better, if possible I recommend some speed building videos of how you do it! – This could greatly benefit anybody looking to model in the future :crossed_fingers:

Keep up the great work! :muscle:

1 Like

Aww thanks so much this really inspired me bcz I remember having to use free models!

1 Like

Thats a really good idea & thats actually how I learned but are you able to post videos on devforum or do you mean on youtube?

1 Like

I was going more at youtube, but I do believe you could make posts describing how you would start and complete a project!

1 Like

Ooh, you should get somebody to script those or at least put a seat inside, they’d be really nice for newer devs!

1 Like

thats actually a super good idea but I think ill wait until im more experienced haha thanks so much though :smiley:

1 Like

You can add a seat on a model by right clicking the model > insert object > press seat.

1 Like

Every new developer that starts building will of course try using free models to help their builds gain detail and not look empty, it is very good to provide resources to developers with a pack so try doing it, it’s good

This would help out beginner developers get a feel of what type of ‘low poly’ builds there are out there. But, it could also get used against you as in a developer might have a huge success with using your models and not giving any credit to you (the original creator of the model) like most other free models out there.

1 Like

I think a furniture pack would be a very good thing for new developers

1 Like

That would be okay as if I were to release I wouldnt credit, the only thing that would get me annoyed is if someone is taking credit for them

Understandable. This brings my point up, you have no control over people utilizing the models against you. That’s why I never wanted to put my models into the toolbox for others unless I put a price tag on it.

1 Like

Yeah I wish that I could post it and have no problems with it, ill probably put a little watermark somewhere thats barely noticable

1 Like

I say you should! It helps the smaller and newer developers! They would really appreciate it!