Should I do drawing commissions for less robux?

Hello guys! So I have a question, should I do drawing commissions for less robux? If yes, then how much can one be worth?

Examples

And plus, can someone teach me lighting in 2d drawing, I’m kind of like a beginner in lighting, thanks!

Bye.

1 Like

Whats your current price range?

I actually have never done commissions. So I’m starting out new.

2 Likes

To calculate the price you would have to do the amount of hours one of those took you multiplies by a rating out of 10 a friend or someone can give you multiplied by 12. That would be the price in Robux. Lets say it took you 2 hours and it was rated 8. So the price for that could be 192 robux but you can charge an estimate so I would say 190 to 200 robux.

1 Like

A mathematical formula is hours x rating out of 10 x 12

1 Like

The person who ordered it would not always ask how long you worked on but if the result is good or not.
But your solution sounds very appropriate for this.

Oh! I see well firstly I recommend pricing them low for more attraction, with low prices more people will be interested when more people have commissioned you, you may raise them! Lovely start so far but I’d say for a bust it could be R$150 - Half body R$ 250 etc and ofc if you’d like to raise it then feel free to. It also depends on how you feel yourself the amount should be critiquing your own work to the effort and time you have put in to it.

2 Likes

That is something I learnt a few months ago

Is there a method where I can put to solutions? :sweat_smile:

Because I really liked the solutions of @strawiko and @kry1068

I recommend you develop your skills more before starting commissions, even if you were to put really cheap prices, sure that would get some customers but that means they are paying less than they would. In the past, I’ve commissioned some artists just because their prices were ‘cheap’ but in the end, I received very low-quality art.

2 Likes

Oh ok I understand. So I gotta get better.

But just asking, is my art low quality?

Keep things organized, it takes a bit of time really! Low prices but in return for those prices ask for review/recognition from the people you commission for. After a while you can raise them really it’s all about reputation and building it. But also try to improve ofc the better the art the more people who are willing to pay higher prices for the art.

2 Likes

No it is not. I love it! If I would have Robux I would commision you because I love it but sadly I don’t have robux :cry:

1 Like

Awww thanks so much I really appreciate it! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah I love this cartoon style.

1 Like

Your art is beginner level, and you should only start once you have a grasp on lighting/shading, and an art style. Here are some videos that you may find helpful for drawing and pricing commissions.

3 Likes

Ok. I’ll get better at lighting and then I’ll come back!

You can try putting a price on it then updates it as you improve more since you’re new to this. I’ve seen many artists making their price based off DevEx rate ( $0.0035/R$), you can try making your price based off it too. For instance, 100 Robux is only 35 cents. Don’t underprice your work and make it very cheap. This is also good for if you plan on doing commissions for real money.

3 Likes