Should I enable PAID ACCESS and if so, HOW MUCH?

I am working on the tycoon game Crazy Towers which I started in late 2020. I was wondering if enabling paid access is best for my game, and if so, how much should I set the price? I tried paid access before with 25 robux but my visit/robux dropped by 10x-15x. I suggest that you play my game and see if paid access is the best option for my game.

Paid access is definetely not a good option anymore. Premium payouts will give you much more Robux, and games with paid access have premium payouts disabled. So think. Would you prefer a one time purchase from a player or be payed like 25 Robux for every couple of minutes a premium player plays?

11 Likes

The only reason you would really enable paid access is to try to stop exploiters from alting.

Take My advice Paid access will reduce your players. and also premium payout is also really good

unless you game is highly exploitable with alt accounts you can enable them
and you can avoid bacon noobs who ask for free robux

2 Likes

No, don’t enable pay to access because it can make your game unpopular. Also if your game is unpopular, don’t enable paid access because it can glitch like active is -1

The example : Bloxburg (The population must be 200K players but the pay access make the game’s minimum population to 10K and max population is 100K)

2 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend making your game paid access, you’d get more robux from premium payouts, game passes, and private servers than making your game paid access. I don’t think it’s worth it, and that could possibly drop your MAU and players.

1 Like

But if you think about it, say I usually got 1 robux/visit ratio w/o paid access, and now if I set a R$25 paid access, the only way that I would lose profit is if my visits drop by more than 25X, but I feel that would be unlikely. What do you think?

1 Like

If a player pays for your game they are more likely to get invested in it a play a lot more, however I don’t believe they would be happy with extra purchases in-game.

Paid access is great for releasijng a paid alpha and test the game on a lower playerbase. You can gather statistics, fix bugs and hype the game a bit more by doing that, but keeping it paid access is generally not a good idea

1 Like

I second the comment above, paid access is good if you got the core game working and you are still working on the most important features. It’s good for the majority of the situations when you want a player base that isn’t just random people joining and then disliking because it’s not finished. I Usually provide feedback on alpha games that ask me to do so. I believe most alpha players are conscious that the game is still under development and provide feedback.

1 Like