Should I force R6 in my game?

Hello, I have been working on a clothing store for a few weeks now and will hopefully launch by next week. We plan to launch a massive amount of ads to maximize our launch.

My biggest problem is clothes don’t simply look good in R15. However, a majority of the audience who actually visits clothing shops wear R15. Clothes can go from 1 to a 10 if they switch to R6. Should I force R6 in my game or will that make it harder to keep players in my store? What should I do?

1 Like

Everyone has a different preference, but there’s one main thing to keep in mind. New accounts are on R15 by default, and many new users get used to the R15 look and keep it. Some new players are also not aware that you can change your avatar type from R6 to R15. If you think your clothes look better in R6 then maybe forcing R6 in your game is a better way to go, but to prepare for the future, ideally you want to make your clothes look good on R15 characters as well as R6 characters. So in conclusion, it’s entirely up to you, but that’s just my advice.

1 Like

I think forcing R6 to maximise sales and almost trick your audience into buying the clothes when you know it doesn’t look good on their avatar is a bad idea, and could give your store a really bad reputation. If clothes don’t look good in R15 AND R6, I’d recommend not showing them in the store if you do force R6 and if you do, warn that they may not look good in R15.

If you’re forcing R6 just to gain extra sales from people who don’t use R6, hoping they’ll buy it, they’ll likely dislike your clothing and homestore.

In the end, it’s entirely up to you but I’d be careful on the clothing aspect of it, since most users use R15 and not R6. I’d hate for you to get a bad reputation because your clothing doesn’t work in R15. :confused:

That’s totally up to you, but clothes should look good in R15 and R6.

Best Solution is to make it Player choice, Since roblox new accounts when they are first made I think they are R6 So They will join no problem, But you gotta think about other people that have r15 in there characters which will attract them more looking more realistic and professional. Player choice is the best option in my opinion. And also they should be looking the same? not different? You might wanna update your scripts or fix it.

Sometimes with shoes they appear to be on their feet and knees. I don’t understand why I am having this problem, in fact I don’t think it’s just me but every homestore. I just don’t understand why it’s even a thing at this point.

If you mean clippage with the animations, that means your clothing overlaps within the joints of an avatar. It’s a common mistake, but there is an article about it on the Roblox website.

Everyone has their own personal preference when it comes to the choice between R6 and R15.
They both have their uses however, R6 is far more popular among the more “professional” genre of roblox such as MM communities and RPG style games whilst R15 is seen more as the fun, noob friendly style that is more popular among larger games which want to attract larger player counts as the younger majority of roblox players prefer the R15 character style.

I would say though that if the clothing looks better in R6 then go with R6. A clothing store game is a place to show off your hard work and clothing range and it would be a shame if it were not able to be fully apricated due to the R15 character style hiding parts of the clothing! (It would be good to put a disclaimer somewhere though that the clothing may look different in an R15 character style but most players are aware of this nowadays)