Should I get push notifications?

I have push notifications turned on in settings for the web app but I’m still not getting notifications.
I’ve tried turning off focus and waiting for a reply to a topic I’m watching but still
I have no screenshot of this however I only just connected to wifi

Where it’s happening: Safari Web App
Device: iPad (10th Gen)
OS Version: iPadOS 17.3
Impact: Moderate
When did I start getting this bug: since I started making topics

2 Likes

correct me if i’m wrong but i don’t think safari can send you actual push notiflications

2 Likes

Ok.

2 Likes

You can see notifications available in the WebKit feature flags for safari

2 Likes

There’s no setting for “web push notifications” in my Notifications section

I don’t even think that’s possible with discourse, or JavaScript overall

At least with vanilla JavaScript. I haven’t dug into the library discourse uses

1 Like

Go to Advanced and Feature Flags and scroll until you see the option Notifications

1 Like

I meant in your Devforum account settings. I don’t know much or really anything about the WebKit Feature Flags though

1 Like

I was talking about how Apple won’t deliver notifications to me but will give me a bubble with the number of how much I have

2 Likes

Huh oh mb then. You might have to go on over to Apple’s Developer Forums then. That’s their software

1 Like

Well this is what I caught from my dock

2 Likes

But no notification appeared however

1 Like

Oh wow I have the bookmark on my phone too and I have noti bubble like that. Yeah that’s probably some issue with C++ or Swift in the internal software for iOS and iPadOS (seems like you’re using iPadOS)

Does it persist with other bookmarks?

1 Like

And this is on in my settings for it

1 Like

Nah it doesn’t. None of my other bookmarks. Not even imgflip have notifications allowed. Only the DevFourm

Well I’m aware of an API that Apple provided that makes it so that when you add a bookmark to your home screen, it adds those arrows that allow you to navigate and so the website acts as it’s own app. Although I haven’t used the API myself (I’m unfamiliar with it)

So I guess maybe they forgot to add some API that actually sends notis

Hopefully they fix it soon for your sake (I’m not that inconvenienced by it

Ok then thank you! Characterlimit

1 Like

Wait. Now the app is doing the same thing

I got no push notification for this

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.