Should I hire developers?

As do I, was diagnosed 14 Years ago.

3 Likes

Yeah that is true 100 songs is a lot but dont stress it. Take time even if it take months while keeping in mind the activity of others.

thats a good quote @PapaBigGunz

3 Likes

Thank you, I made it a few years ago when I started earning money from what I do. and Now I’m creating a Corporation to help everyone!

4 Likes

100 songs is alot! Why not find some songs in the toolbox? Made by roblox, they are licensed! That might help you!

No hearts pls, i hate them i said no hearts
Stop hearts lol

9 Likes

This game is going to take a lot of time to make I don’t like rushing things at all I want to hire a lot of developers but I want the game to take it’s time. Also, the money thing am really bad at giving money. As well as I don’t want people to sit there and rush the game because of the money. I want people to have fun with making this game. I might try to hire at least 3 people first then see how that goes and then hire more people.

2 Likes

Well, I was thinking about that but I want this game to have all hand made music I just feel like just taking stuff from the toolbox is just being lazy or boring I want people to go into the game and listen to the music they have not heard before.

3 Likes

I know that for when you hire staff you always want to ensure they have stable areas to work in and that what you assign them with, you make sure they are comfortable with doing it.

So For my corporation were using a certain chain of systems

• Chief Executive Officer
    Me, and 2 others
  • Corporation Managers which is like 5 people
  • Then we have the Company managers which is another 5

It all supports the fact of how we run things but when we have our staff for the companies that’s where the factors of how they work, how the manage time and how much effort they put in.

It also benefits the way money is made. and another factor me and my other CEO’s took into consideration was the fact of time zones. Having people in different time zones is something that can create a 24/7 Production line which is something people rarely look into.

2 Likes

I might do that have people managing the group and the projects.

2 Likes

Well actually considering the fact that one of the companies we have is a development team, would you consider working for us, the way it would work is we take requests for things to be built, and our Development Company builds it, and the good thing is people aren’t payed in Robux, they are payed in money.

2 Likes

No, if you are unable to provide certain payment, you will not attract the kind of person you will be after because you get what you pay for - cheap programmers will likely create messy code that is hard to maintain or even leave unprotected events, allowing exploiters easy access into your game.

If you don’t have a development skill, I would highly suggest that you learn to do so, whether it is modelling, scripting, building or even a combination. This is because if you hire a development team you end up being the ‘ideas guy/girl’ and they usually get in the way of development whilst paying themselves a lot of the the games profit.

Good luck out there :+1:

3 Likes

Well, the thing is that I want the game to be for fun I can see most people wanting payment I will try to save up my robux to try paying people.

Well, I really want to learn how to do these things but then my ADAH kicks in and I just get bored with trying to learn the stuff on my own and I really want people to help me and bring ideas.

2 Likes

I understand the fact of ADHD and how it affects the development process it happends to me a lot, but when you put your mind to it and actually see how productive your being it actually helps and works and encourages you to continue!

1 Like

This is the last thing you should do. It would be detrimental to your game to have more than one person programming. If you are paying a low rate or are inexperienced, the chances are no good programmer will want to work for you. This is why I recommend that if you’re going to be the project leader you need to learn to code.

1 Like

Programmers work more efficiently the less of them you have. By a lot.

Adding more programmers can even make a project progress slower than it otherwise would have in some cases. For instance, if they’re added too late in the project timeline and end up making mistakes that cost the earlier programmers debugging time.

So, if you can afford to have as small a number of programmers as possible work for as long as they need to to make a product that’s what you should opt for. Hiring more programmers will almost certainly end up costing you significantly more total money to get the product finished.

4 Likes

Well, I can learn how but itś going to take time as learning to code is like writing a new langue.

Thatś why only one is going to be hired for right now.

If you have enough funds to, then go on and hire developers!

If you don’t have enough funds to have a development crew, then you should hire somebody, that’s doing something better , than you.
Like if you are Builder, I’d advice you to hire a Scripter.

Well, if you do not have funds, I think it’s not worth hiring developers, if you can’t pay them in future.

1 Like

True, but at the same time some people might want to be hired for free this game is going to take a lot time to make and they can do other projects like they can have a full week off or like work for like 5 mins am not looking for my game to be the best game or have the best detail am looking to make my game for fun and just to see if I could make a game.

Hiring means to give job to someone, with payment.
What you said is called volounteering.
But you are right.

1 Like