Should I humiliate hackers...publicly?

That’s actually brilliant since they wouldn’t immediately think the dev capped their fps since capping fps isn’t that common so they also are unlikely to just switch to an alt, the only problem is this isn’t humiliating them publicly this is more of a silent tactic to destroy them.

4 Likes

That actually sounds amazing. I’ll definitely use it! Although I made combine this with some public humiliation. Or maybe just keep it at that. I don’t know, I’ll think about it :thinking: But thanks for the script to cap them on 10 fps :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I love doing this. I have used the cage system in every game I have ever made.

1 Like

Can’t they just delete the script?

2 Likes

If you find a way to detect whether someone is exploiting in your game then use that detection to ban them, not give them a “Hacker” rank.
Most people who exploit will make accounts they solely use for the game they exploit on. There are two reasons for this:

1. Who wants to risk getting banned on their main account?

2. If they got a hacker role, people would start asking the exploiter how they found a glitch to get so much cash because, guess what, the average player wants free coins too. The hacker would not be seen as a plague, but potentially like a celebrity.

You should be making it as hard to exploit on your game as possible… Public humiliation does not work on hackers, at least to my knowledge.

3 Likes

What about Jailbreak’s cage system? Also, I decided that a “Hacker” rank would give too much notoriety, so I decided if I do it I’m going to use a “Pure Scum” rank. Of course banning works, but it doesn’t matter because they’ll make another account.

1 Like

While the initial answer is yes, I wouldn’t worry about them removing the script. Unless they have some super advanced framerate lagger detection exploit, I doubt it even exists, they aren’t going to wait 3 minutes (because the framerate would be so slow) to open up Dex Explorer and find and remove the script.

Odds are script kiddies (newbie exploiters) don’t even know how to open up scripts and let alone be able to detect a framerate lagger.

That is why they copy scripts that do it for them.

I don’t think a script that detects lag in other scripts is possible. Even if you’re an exploiter.

And if they somehow managed to create and distribute a script that scans other local scripts for framerate laggers, you could just hide the lagger inside of a very big script. Deleting it would make the game unplayable.

That isn’t the point

They can just abort the loop, they don’t need to delete entire scripts to stop them.

If you were to change the while true do to RunService.Heartbeat could the loop still be broken?

It wouldn’t be a loop anymore, and it would be done in its own thread, so I don’t think your frame rate cap would work anymore. Plus, exploiters can disconnect connections anyway, so yes it would still be possible.

1 Like

Checking if one’s coins have gone haywire, as you described in your original posted comment, should be able to issue an instantaneous ban, the game shouldn’t have any problem with it. It’s either the player’s coins match up with their coins gained legitimately, or they don’t.

A hacker won’t use an exploit that will get them banned before it works, there would be no point. Why get extra coins if I get banned before I can even spend them?

The types of hacks exploiters WILL use involve powers that are much harder to detect, such as flying or teleporting… Yes, some games have anti-exploits that try to detect flying, but they’re far from foolproof, and if you try to make the anti-exploit too powerful, it could easily ban people who glitch from one position to another really fast (anti-exploit script mistakingly detecting it as teleporting) because of roblox’s engine’s mistake or, possibly even worse, your own game’s mistake.

There’s no reason that a 100% reliable anti-exploit system shouldn’t ban hackers. That’s what it’s for.

And even if you decide that trying to humiliate hackers by giving them a “Pure Scum” nametag, imagine someone innocent gets jailed and labeled “Pure Scum” by your anti-exploit script, if I was that person, I’d be pretty confused, wouldn’t you? If you at least made the nametag “Hacker”, I’d realize “oh, the game banned me on accident, i understand the problem” instead of “Why does the game hate me… all of the sudden?”

Anti-exploits shouldn’t be taken lightly, it could very well deter many players if used incorrectly.

1 Like

Makes sense. I mean, I still really want to humiliate them. But I guess banning works too. But I just feel banning is too little.

long story short, I doubt they will care. One important thing about hackers is they do what they do for attention anyway. They are trolls, and trolls do not get hurt either way as they are trying to seek a reaction from anyone no matter what comes at them. The best way to battle them simply is to ban them from your game.

Honestly don’t give them the attention they crave. Being put on display as a hacker would be like a trophy to them and something to show off rather than something they would be humiliated by. It would only give them a reason to hack, which is to show off to everyone in the server that they can hack. A better solution would be to punish them in a way where hacking gives them absolutely no benefit. Some solutions may be making the game unplayable, making their progress not save (or starting their save from a beginner’s data), not publishing their scores to leaderboards, putting them in servers against only hackers if it is a pvp game, or simply just removing and banning them from the game.

This idea has been practiced by many games before, such as Jailbreak. Although it has barely an effect, it is absolutely entertaining to watch. In my own opinion, a person who spends so much time to exploit a game, primarily because they want to annoy others, or to exploit it for their personal use, deserves to be humiliated. If you did give them a tag, be sure to put it onto a negative side.

What i think you should do is teleport them to an identical place but with only other hackers.

You could also use my friend universal ban list, what it does is if you ban someone using it on one game, they are also banned in all other games using it too, kinda harsh but it gets rid of a lot of pre existing hackers.

This only encorages them, people dont care when they use exploits, roblox account creation is just too easy, and even so the number of players that actually get banned by roblox is extremely low. This just means your have a bunch if them in your game still.

Heres a few options:

• hacker only servers, see how they like it
  • forced to play on their own
  • forced to move server every 10 seconds - no time to inject and will irritate them
  • extreme loading times - create a local script that has a loop with extremely low wait time, this can crash them too
  • instant ban
1 Like

Most likely this might lead for them to hack/exploit even more unfortunately.