Should I make my boat realistic or keep it the same?

While making my game, A Pirates Life for Me, I was thinking about the boat. I noticed that it seemed to “square” and not realistic.

Should I keep it like this, or should I make it more realistic and curved?

7 Likes

I would add more detail to it like a bit more curvy or adding a few textures to it, but I like it. Keep the work up!

3 Likes

Alright, details. Thank you!!!

2 Likes

I’d definitely make it more realistic. This type of blocky build is not doing you favors

1 Like

mmk…see although I am pretty experienced, I do not know how to do this kind of build, I will try to complete it though.

It’s pretty simple so it shouldn’t be hard once you really get to it.

it looks great! try adding some detail and make the front curve in a little maybe.

1 Like

I’d definitely try to round the bow, or make it more pointed.

It all depends on the style of your game and ultimately up to you. Many games use blocky boats although you shouldn’t aspire to be like “many games”.

4 Likes

A more realistic boat will definitely impress people compared to a square boat. An easy way to make such a boat would be to utilize SpecialMeshed Spheres in combination with unions. You can also of course use normal rotations in combination with smaller unions to get the same effect, but with a “sharper” look that may be more realistic for a wooden ship.
If your game is based around blocky and simple builds however, then making a curved looking boat or ship wouldn’t be necessary, but detail is needed either way.

That depends on the theme and style your trying to approach a realistic design or a basic design? Consider messing around with the boat instill you find a design that suits your liking if I where to give feedback on your boat.

I would recommend curving the “dull” a bit more to accomplish that pirate look you’ll need to make your boat more large and include those important objects I feel like if those are missing your boat will be just a basic design that won’t possibly fit the game you’re trying to achieve

However I like the overall design consider finishing it or use a reference image as a guide for creating those small details it’ll really improve your build way more. However are you going for a large pirate ship do you mind clarifying?

Well…my picture is a concept of a level 1 boat, I will eventually have boats bigger than your picture. The only thing is that I do not know how to curve it, this is my first time making a boat.

Yeah I’d recommend you to add detail and make it realistic

It’s an easy approach to accomplish. If I’m not mistaken, I think to achieve this the best action personally would be using.

The (Archimedes two) plugin it will allow you to create those curved objects you should play around with it to get comfortable and then you’ll figure it out very quickly you should search for some helpful information that’ll show you I’ll try learning and then begin to create those curved parts.

3 Likes