Should I spend 2k on advertisements?

Edman spend 1k on your game then see your progress from there. If it goes good and people click on it with 1k then spend more if you want.

1 Like

The thing I am worried about is that the game needs at least 2 players in order to start a round. I am not sure if 1k will be enough to have at least 2 players playing at 1 time because people usually join into a server by themselves and then leave since no one else joins and they are unable to play.

You really shouldn’t wast 2k on ads because it doesn’t really show up in mobile and also its kinda useless if theres so much ads going on…

Well, press the “fill servers as full as possible” option.
By this, I mean the Configure Start Place option.
Then, go to the Access tab.

Server Fill:

Roblox optimizes server fill for me
Fill each server as full as possible
Customize how many server slots to reserve

1 Like

I think 1k would be good for a start some people may say 1k isn’t enough but it really is. Make sure you have a good GFX for the ad.

I good way is to join the Discord Tech group or something, where advertising is allowed every 6 hours. You can advertise your discord server, and gain members. You can gain pretty fast if you also have a decent giveaway going on.

What i meant was will the ad be enough to have at least 2 players click on it and play at the same time? The way servers fill up now is fine and I would like roblox to handle how it fills up since the game is a lot more fun playing with friends and I assume roblox takes this into account when adding players into a server.

You could probably get a few concurrent players with 2k. I bid 250 on a joke ad once and got up to 14 concurrent players.

1 Like

I would consider spending small amounts on ads and see which ones performs well. It is best in my opinion to spend small portions on each advertisement, and see which ads attract players or gets more clicks i would aim for something like CTR 2% or higher.

I would consider spending small amounts and see which ads create the best CTR (click-through rate). You could consider spending 5K and do a little test ad see which one works best to you if 2K gets a decent player count then you’ll know which one to spend large amounts on. From my understanding if your game isn’t good and people don’t enjoy it or want to play it then you’ll have some time to target your audience.

Everyone has there own approach in spending ads on sponsors or advertisements, experiment and consider not spending them all at once.

1 Like

What would be an ideal CTR? Ive run an ad before and it got 1.75% CTR. It was only a 300 robux bid though. Also could running sponsorships be a better option, based on how the game icon looks now?

Screenshot 2020-10-04 150510
I got a 2.73% CTR on a 15 robux bid. This is probably because it was a low amount of impressions though…

To answer your post, I’d agree with @brayden22245 said. Spend 1K and see how it progresses from there. (Also turn on “fill servers as full as possible” :wink:)

Hope you game does well!

Sponsoring a game would be creating a decent design of the game icon/thumbnail itself as it’s a sort of approach into getting users to click your ad or play your game, since that’s what players will see when attempting to see your game. Take this with a grain of salt;

I’ll consider experimenting with both selections ads and sponsors and see which one performs better and see which one gathers a decent CTR, (e.g. if ads get a better result) I’ll increase the amount of robux being put into which one you choose to go for.

If your sponsoring your game make your icon look interesting and attractive give information on what the game is actual about don’t just have a character looking straight into the camera view, it needs something that players will click on to check out your game. You need to think of different ideas when creating making sponsors for your game.

There has been some excellent topics on which one is good to go with such as sponsoring/adverting: see here.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/advertising-sponsoring/59827

1 Like

Lemme be straight forward. 2k is A LOT. I spent 1k on a game, I know have 14k robux and 30k visits. If you are expecting big robux right off the bat, that ain’t happening. What I do is once I milk all the money from a game I would then use for the next game or spend again. This is kinda easy profit over time.

If everyone did this, have fun seeing thousands of robux being wasted.

this was the home page btw

Now a game page, let’s see how many ads can I see.

only 1
So, think twice.

I do not think advertisements on ROBLOX isn’t worth it. I more think if you sponsor your game it’s worth it because more people will check the “Games” tab more than the ads; Some people have adblockers, so adblocker only get like 40-60% of the ads more like it somewhere around there anyway. If I were you, I would do research on it from ROBLOX information website that you can view here. For more information on how to advertise your game, I recommend going to this link on DevForum and looking what this person posted I think it helped me a lot by growing my game and giving me tips on how to grow it.

Get game known without ad - #10 by iGottic

https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313420-How-To-Make-Your-Games-Popular-On-Roblox

1 Like

The difference is the intent of the player.

If someone is on a game search or main game page, they are LOOKING for a game to play. They are searching for a game like yours to play, and they will actually be interested in seeing what appears in the game search area. If one of those is YOUR sponsored game, they don’t care, as long as it is interesting, they click it… Because they actually wanted to find a game like yours.

Meanwhile an ad just pops up on random pages. Most of the time people ignore ads, and don’t even notice they are there. They aren’t LOOKING for games to play when they are on a group page or when they are on a game page. Ads are less likely to get people playing, especially for long periods of time.

So, yes, while there is only one ad per page… The sponsorships are going to pop up when players want to find a new game to play. The ads only pop up when they have found a group or have found a game to play.

It’s a weighed risk, but it’s why I go with sponsored.

And to the question about whether or not @edman101902 should spend 2k…
2k Robux is enough to spend on sponsored. But remember, it’s all about gameplay. If you get a high amount of recurring players because your gameplay is actually GOOD, it’s worth it… But you need to make sure your game has been designed well. Be sure to have testers. It’s extremely important.

5 Likes

Kids surprisingly will click on alot of ads either on accident or intentional. It honestly depends on how you target the audience.

Advertise on twitter and you’ll get a different audience, advertise on youtube and you get a somewhat mixed audience, advertise on roblox with advertisements will also change on audience and dependent.

For people who are looking to play games might be more likely to click on a sponsored game rather than an advertisement.

A person whos checking around might see an interesting ad and click on it.

TL:DR
Depends on what audience you’re aiming for.

Start with small amount of robux for advertising and work your way up as you earn money. I have answered this kind of question before. Look at this reply I posted a while ago. My team used this method to get our game to success. We started with under 10k robux

1 Like

This does make a lot of sense. Now I do have 2 questions.

Do you think based on my current game icon and game title a person would click on a sponsorship for my game?

Also, my game is compatible on all platforms but I would mainly like to target PC players, and then mobile players secondly. Should I do maybe 2k on mobile and 2k on PC, or 4k all on PC, or another sort of combo? The target audience is mainly younger people if that help.

Thanks for your help!

Glad to help! Now, to answer your two questions:

Absolutely. Your title is simple but intriguing. Your game icon is realistic, conveys the general idea of your game, and would be attractive for the demographic you are targeting.

I always trust PC players to build up a base. They are more likely to spend a longer amount of time on your game, and tend to be more interactive in general. Later on, to attract more players and to keep up your player count, you should add in tablet users, and then LASTLY mobile users.

In your case, I would use the whole 4k on PC sponsorships at the start… And if your game kicks off, do an 80% PC 20% tablet split on sponsorships… and slowly level it down to about 70% 30%… And then maybe use 70% PC, 10% mobile, and 20% tablet.

2 Likes