Should I spend 2k on advertisements?

Hello, I am wondering if spending 2-3k on roblox advertisements will be successful for this game I am wanting to release. The game has received many good reviews and currently sits at around 50 likes and 1 dislike, but I am not sure if advertising will return the same results. I read this article where he claimed to spend around 2k in sponsorships and his game grew from just that. But there are other articles where some say you must spend 10, 50, or 100k minimum to effectively advertise. Over a month ago I decided to test and spend around 300 on ads and it got 1.75% CTR. It returned no sales but this may be due to the fact that the game requires at least 2 players in order to run, so there was probably never a time 2 or more people clicked the ad and played at the same time. Knowing all this, will 2k on ads at least be able to return the same amount, or possibly more? Or should I do sponsorships instead? Or do I take a completely different approach?

2 Likes

I’m not really gonna read this, 2k is essentially nothing. People use adblocks and like only like 40-45% of people actually click on them. The response you get from it will be extremely low and disappointing. A better way to gain members is to build a discord community and get members that way. Another thing to note is just because something works for someone doesn’t mean it’ll work for everyone. I mean if you’re so eager to do it, then shoot no one will stop you. However don’t be mad when the response isn’t what you wanted.

3 Likes

I understand and that is why I am making this article in the first place. I do have a server of about 130 for the game but it is very inactive. I’ve had the server for several months but it still has been a real struggle to grow. Originally my idea was to grow the game and then the server would grow from the game’s growth, but based on what everyone says it may only work the other way around.

In my opinion 2k is a lot of money spent on a ad that doesn’t even guarantee people will join your group or game.

1 Like

Trust me, just save up more. I have personal experience bidding this much on some ads (maybe like 3 or 4) and it wasn’t that good.

Like @213x202 said, you spend a lot of Robux to get a feeble output of players/member of your game or group respectively. I can guarentee you that for a game, it won’t get you that much players for your game, no matter if you put your robux on the table for one single ad or evenly spread into like 3 ads or something.

What would you say is a good minimum to spend on a single ad?

This is subjective to how much you have, but if you’re trying to get on the front page for example, I would say at least 5-8k if you advertise it yourself. If you use group funds that have been saved to any amount over 10k, maybe like 10-15k given that you have somewhere between the provided example.

I haven’t advertised in a while, but I know that 2k wouldn’t be that great, from personal experience.

I can probably spend up to 5k. Though my initial goal isn’t to necessarily make robux or get to the front page in 1 run. I mainly just want to get active players on the game. I would be happy with 20-30 concurrent players on the game from an ad run because from that I can build off of and grow the game hopefully.

Edman spend 1k on your game then see your progress from there. If it goes good and people click on it with 1k then spend more if you want.

1 Like

The thing I am worried about is that the game needs at least 2 players in order to start a round. I am not sure if 1k will be enough to have at least 2 players playing at 1 time because people usually join into a server by themselves and then leave since no one else joins and they are unable to play.

You really shouldn’t wast 2k on ads because it doesn’t really show up in mobile and also its kinda useless if theres so much ads going on…

Well, press the “fill servers as full as possible” option.
By this, I mean the Configure Start Place option.
Then, go to the Access tab.

Server Fill:

Roblox optimizes server fill for me
Fill each server as full as possible
Customize how many server slots to reserve

1 Like

I think 1k would be good for a start some people may say 1k isn’t enough but it really is. Make sure you have a good GFX for the ad.

I good way is to join the Discord Tech group or something, where advertising is allowed every 6 hours. You can advertise your discord server, and gain members. You can gain pretty fast if you also have a decent giveaway going on.

What i meant was will the ad be enough to have at least 2 players click on it and play at the same time? The way servers fill up now is fine and I would like roblox to handle how it fills up since the game is a lot more fun playing with friends and I assume roblox takes this into account when adding players into a server.

You could probably get a few concurrent players with 2k. I bid 250 on a joke ad once and got up to 14 concurrent players.

1 Like

I would consider spending small amounts on ads and see which ones performs well. It is best in my opinion to spend small portions on each advertisement, and see which ads attract players or gets more clicks i would aim for something like CTR 2% or higher.

I would consider spending small amounts and see which ads create the best CTR (click-through rate). You could consider spending 5K and do a little test ad see which one works best to you if 2K gets a decent player count then you’ll know which one to spend large amounts on. From my understanding if your game isn’t good and people don’t enjoy it or want to play it then you’ll have some time to target your audience.

Everyone has there own approach in spending ads on sponsors or advertisements, experiment and consider not spending them all at once.

1 Like

What would be an ideal CTR? Ive run an ad before and it got 1.75% CTR. It was only a 300 robux bid though. Also could running sponsorships be a better option, based on how the game icon looks now?

Screenshot 2020-10-04 150510
I got a 2.73% CTR on a 15 robux bid. This is probably because it was a low amount of impressions though…

To answer your post, I’d agree with @brayden22245 said. Spend 1K and see how it progresses from there. (Also turn on “fill servers as full as possible” :wink:)

Hope you game does well!

Sponsoring a game would be creating a decent design of the game icon/thumbnail itself as it’s a sort of approach into getting users to click your ad or play your game, since that’s what players will see when attempting to see your game. Take this with a grain of salt;

I’ll consider experimenting with both selections ads and sponsors and see which one performs better and see which one gathers a decent CTR, (e.g. if ads get a better result) I’ll increase the amount of robux being put into which one you choose to go for.

If your sponsoring your game make your icon look interesting and attractive give information on what the game is actual about don’t just have a character looking straight into the camera view, it needs something that players will click on to check out your game. You need to think of different ideas when creating making sponsors for your game.

There has been some excellent topics on which one is good to go with such as sponsoring/adverting: see here.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/advertising-sponsoring/59827

1 Like