Should I spend 2k on advertisements?

Lemme be straight forward. 2k is A LOT. I spent 1k on a game, I know have 14k robux and 30k visits. If you are expecting big robux right off the bat, that ain’t happening. What I do is once I milk all the money from a game I would then use for the next game or spend again. This is kinda easy profit over time.

If everyone did this, have fun seeing thousands of robux being wasted.

this was the home page btw

Now a game page, let’s see how many ads can I see.

only 1
So, think twice.

I do not think advertisements on ROBLOX isn’t worth it. I more think if you sponsor your game it’s worth it because more people will check the “Games” tab more than the ads; Some people have adblockers, so adblocker only get like 40-60% of the ads more like it somewhere around there anyway. If I were you, I would do research on it from ROBLOX information website that you can view here. For more information on how to advertise your game, I recommend going to this link on DevForum and looking what this person posted I think it helped me a lot by growing my game and giving me tips on how to grow it.

Get game known without ad - #10 by iGottic

https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313420-How-To-Make-Your-Games-Popular-On-Roblox

1 Like

The difference is the intent of the player.

If someone is on a game search or main game page, they are LOOKING for a game to play. They are searching for a game like yours to play, and they will actually be interested in seeing what appears in the game search area. If one of those is YOUR sponsored game, they don’t care, as long as it is interesting, they click it… Because they actually wanted to find a game like yours.

Meanwhile an ad just pops up on random pages. Most of the time people ignore ads, and don’t even notice they are there. They aren’t LOOKING for games to play when they are on a group page or when they are on a game page. Ads are less likely to get people playing, especially for long periods of time.

So, yes, while there is only one ad per page… The sponsorships are going to pop up when players want to find a new game to play. The ads only pop up when they have found a group or have found a game to play.

It’s a weighed risk, but it’s why I go with sponsored.

And to the question about whether or not @edman101902 should spend 2k…
2k Robux is enough to spend on sponsored. But remember, it’s all about gameplay. If you get a high amount of recurring players because your gameplay is actually GOOD, it’s worth it… But you need to make sure your game has been designed well. Be sure to have testers. It’s extremely important.

5 Likes

Kids surprisingly will click on alot of ads either on accident or intentional. It honestly depends on how you target the audience.

Advertise on twitter and you’ll get a different audience, advertise on youtube and you get a somewhat mixed audience, advertise on roblox with advertisements will also change on audience and dependent.

For people who are looking to play games might be more likely to click on a sponsored game rather than an advertisement.

A person whos checking around might see an interesting ad and click on it.

TL:DR
Depends on what audience you’re aiming for.

Start with small amount of robux for advertising and work your way up as you earn money. I have answered this kind of question before. Look at this reply I posted a while ago. My team used this method to get our game to success. We started with under 10k robux

1 Like

This does make a lot of sense. Now I do have 2 questions.

Do you think based on my current game icon and game title a person would click on a sponsorship for my game?

Also, my game is compatible on all platforms but I would mainly like to target PC players, and then mobile players secondly. Should I do maybe 2k on mobile and 2k on PC, or 4k all on PC, or another sort of combo? The target audience is mainly younger people if that help.

Thanks for your help!

Glad to help! Now, to answer your two questions:

Absolutely. Your title is simple but intriguing. Your game icon is realistic, conveys the general idea of your game, and would be attractive for the demographic you are targeting.

I always trust PC players to build up a base. They are more likely to spend a longer amount of time on your game, and tend to be more interactive in general. Later on, to attract more players and to keep up your player count, you should add in tablet users, and then LASTLY mobile users.

In your case, I would use the whole 4k on PC sponsorships at the start… And if your game kicks off, do an 80% PC 20% tablet split on sponsorships… and slowly level it down to about 70% 30%… And then maybe use 70% PC, 10% mobile, and 20% tablet.

2 Likes