Should I use Rthro in my game?

Okay I like Rthro (I know everyone hates me now because of this but I have the right to my opinion). The only reason my current avatar isn’t Rthroized is because I want to save my robux for ads. I have a rather important question: should I make use/make (whichever one I decide on later) an Rthro avatar for my game. I am most likely going to over-ride avatars in my game for character customization (So basically people will spend more robux on in game currencies), I am currently deciding between using and Rthro avatar and an R6 one. (Please note that this game is going to be as futuristic as can be without causing mobile lag so I am sort of leaning towards Rthro)

Summery for people who don’t like reading:

So I am making a character customizer and I am wondering whether or not to use new or old Roblox technologies (Rthro or R15 and R6)

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE PARAGRAPH BEFORE VOTING SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN BY USING RTHRO!!!

Use or don’t use
  • Use
  • Don’t use

0 voters

Rthro is the name of Roblox’s new set of more cartoony, less blocky avatars. R15 (which I think is what you’re referring to) is the new(er) character controller which uses 15 parts instead of 6 (hence the name R15 and R6).

R15 characters have more features such as the way their rigging works meaning you can very easily rejoint them if you want to, and, in my opinion generally look better than R6 characters in a lot of contexts. They are better for customizable characters I feel. They also appear far more realistic than R6 characters, which look like little robots to me.

Personally, I think that you should use R15 characters, I don’t see any reason not to based on what information you’ve given.

No I am making a custom character customization and I want to know whether or not to use Roblox’s more futuristic or blockier avatars.

I am aware of this.

Incorrect.

I see, I assumed you were talking about R15 characters in particular since you said you are choosing between Rthro and R6, my bad.

Personally I find Rthro characters visually unappealing in most cases, to me they seem to give me some uncanny valley vibes, but, I don’t think that’s a good reason to not use them.

I’m not sure I understand the context behind your question though. Is there any reason you are choosing between Rthro and R6 characters in particular?

1 Like

Well, it depends on the game you are making, the theme of the game, and the audience of the game. I can’t name an example but I think it would help if you added a link to the game.

1 Like

I didn’t use a link as the game isn’t yet released.

What is the game you are making, the theme of the game, and the audience of the game?

Audience: all ages
Theme: sci-fi
game type: hide and go seek driven by AI.

Then sure it would be good. If the game comes out please send me a link to it :slight_smile:

1 Like