Should I use the Roblox FPS template and upload it without modifications?

I wanna know, can I use the Roblox FPS template for a game and call it a day?

The issue with this is the fact that it seems to be frowned upon, But I can make a ‘quick buck’ off of it.

I have looked at many people’s opinion, But none are really considered a solution.

Like just straight up upload the template?
How are you going to make a quick buck off of it without adding anything to it? Creating gamepasses and such requires you to make modifications…

2 Likes

Let me clarify a few things:

I mean not modify the map/code that much, Pretty much just uploading it.

no probably not. There is no way it would get any retention

The Roblox fps temp is very well made, allowing to easily make adjustment and changes. Honestly, the issue isn’t that it’s frowned upon to upload the template it`s the motive behind it.

So let’s help with a solution, first you need player retention and attention. A basic baseplate with just guns isn’t a game, so let’s add the “game” part to the template. You need a genre, do you want a battle royale? do you want gamemodes? survival? rougelike? You need to find out what genre to take the game, this will provide you with a base to work on the template.

Something unique needs to be a part of the game this will grabs players attention, the game also has to be fun and repeatable this will allow for player retention. Take other examples of gun games outside of roblox or on roblox for inspiration.

Then you need to garner players via. promoting the game or hyping the game, if you don’t do this you’re just leaving it up to luck that you’ll post the game and it’ll get huge numbers or even small numbers.

There’s a lot more that needs to be done and thought about and once you do ask for help again, I’d look at making a high concept document if you want to really flush out your game.

Making games takes effort and isn’t a “quick buck” process

2 Likes

There’s nothing stopping you from doing that. It’s not against the rules, but it can be a spam if you upload the same template multiple times.

I strongly discourage you from the doing that as there is not a “quick buck” since it does not retain players like others have said. You should rather focus on gathering experience by creating random games to perfect your craft and overall knowledge of the production of the game.

1 Like

Erm… I feel like you didn’t read this part.