Show full script path of the script you are editing

I would really like to be able to see the current path (eg: Game.ServerScripts.Script) in the title bar, so I can more easily differentiate what script I am working on.

7 Likes

I guess as an option that would be nice. I personally prefer the shorter names. Other editors like Sublime will show full paths if multpile files with the same name are open

3 Likes

Sublime is actually what I am basing this suggestion on.

I definitely miss a lot of features from sublime, that aren’t present in roblox (eg: Pressing Alt + to swap to that number tab)

1 Like

Why don’t you just use sublime for development? There is an auto-sync plugin built by Eryn that “easily integrated any third-party code editor or IDE, such as Sublime Text, Notepad++, VS Code, or Atom, into ROBLOX Studio.”

1 Like

Not a fan.
I like having roblox’s built in intellisense, since it just makes it way easier to deal with roblox objects.

Plus, it isn’t supported now anyways.

I also prefer shorter names. Team create is already extremely annoying with (Name is editing) taking up so much space - usually more than double space as the script name itself!

Maybe an option would be nice, then.

This feels like it would be useful when you have multiple scripts open that have the same name. I believe editors such as VSC do this.

4 Likes