Show meshes for all developers in team create before moderation

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to see meshes what my builder is editing in Team Create mode, before moderation. Additionally, even once a mesh is approved, it doesn’t reload in studio.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because we’d be able to quickly iterate on meshes and other assets instead of waiting for moderation to finish.

46 Likes

Extreme support from me. When working on environment design with @thisfall, I can only see empty bounding boxes until I restart Studio.

Huge hindrance to workflow with a team.

13 Likes

I just thought of something. Does @Maximum_ADHD’s plugin for decomposition geometry work on the unloaded meshes? If so, I’ll probably use it as a lazy way to see the mesh while I work so I don’t have to constantly restart Studio.

Edit: Yup, this method works as a hacky workaround. Using it.

6 Likes

This is the most annoying thing I’ve ever had to deal with in Team Create. The Wild West is a very large place and it takes awhile to shut down and restart studio.

Every time someone uploads a new asset for us, we need to

• Wait however many minutes until it is moderated
  • Restart studio

This can be a several minute process just to start working with a single new asset. It infuriates me every hour of every working day and makes development a super tedious thing.

Please just allow us to see uploaded assets in team create instantly already. This is a major detriment to serious team workflows and makes studio much less professional/appealing to work with

4 Likes

My name is Tamara, and I approve of this message.

But no, honestly as my team mates- Tyridge and Bizbot said, this is the biggest pain point in our development process.

3 Likes

I’ve had this issue for a while now and it’s also causing the asset manager to not insert my meshes with location. I’m now having to go in to toolbox and manually place everything in to position manually.

2 Likes