Show new topics notice appears in inbox after moving inbox messages to archive

Bug: So let’s say I want to move some messages from my inbox to the archive. Once I click the archive button, the “Show 2 new topics” notice appears, and when clicked, no new topics are shown. This also happens when topics from archive are moved to inbox.

No matter how many messages you select, it always shows that 2 topics were new or updated, and it never shows any other number.

Expected Behavior: The “Show 2 new topics” notice is not supposed to be shown at all.

Date First Experienced: I have seen this bug for as long as I can remember. I have first seen this issue since March or April 2021.

Date Last Experienced: This bug still occurs as of the time and date this post first came up, on May 8, 2021.

Reproduction Steps: Click a topic in your inbox and press the move to archive button. Once this is done, the bug will occur when the Show topics notice appears. It will also happen if you move a topic from your inbox to your inbox.

Screenshots and videos:
A GIF of the bug
devforum glitch

The notice that appears

If you have any additional information or questions about this bug, please share it in the replies!

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Discourse recently changed how the private message inbox works. Could you double-check if you are still able to reproduce this?

3 Likes

I just checked and I am not able to reproduce this issue anymore.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, assuming this is resolved then. Feel free to file another report if it happens again!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.