Show off your UI designs

Style: Cute, cartoony, feminine
Made in: Roblox Studio only

Here’s my experience’s “piano roll” UI, which slides up onto the screen when sitting in a “MusicSeat” (seat part with specific atttributes). Its keyboard layout is based on OpenMPT’s defaults (each octave goes across a row on a QWERTY keyboard) and as a result, there’s no awkward “hold shift to play a sharp note” stuff like what Royale High’s piano makes you do. (There’s also no delay between pressing a key and hearing the note since it’s partially client-side, but that’s off-topic here.)

I think I’ve outdone myself with how I made the piano keys look here; Nothing you’re seeing here is using images; It’s all UIGradient, UIStroke, and UICorner instances!

Why risk moderation when you can just make a detailed UI inside of Studio, after all?

3 Likes

I see this UI always when I finish a Boxing League match because I always win lol

Seriously, this UI is amazing!

1 Like

Chat UI for my client, made in about 40 minutes. (inspired by new TextChatService UI)

4 Likes

I…also made something like this!

CustomChatUI
Inspired by Apocalypse Rising 2’s UI and the new TextChatService UI :slight_smile:

This is for a new upcoming driving game owned by MyCatAteALego…if anyone wanted to know :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Recently came back into ROBLOX to create a horror game so I can pay off some debt, and my new favorite thing is to animate and create UI so far and this is what I’ve made for a new up and coming game.

5 Likes

In-game Join Group Prompt concept; made in Roblox Studio

11 Likes

can you put the note above the input key? i think that would do wonders here

1 Like

“Welcome to PreloadSerivce”
lol hate when a typo slips into the final product

Bruh, How did I never notice that 3 versions later

1 Like

omg don’t ask users for their phone number, password, and email what are you doing

1 Like

This is a concept and not live in any game and/or website. :smiling_face:

I decided to rework it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

made this today using node.js and the express package (it’s a working Discord-Roblox verification system)

9 Likes

This is really cool! How long did it take?

1 Like

It’s not anything detailed, but I’ve programmed tooltips into my experience. If any Gui element has a Tooltip attribute, a script that uses RenderStepped detects when it’s being hovered over, and shows the tooltip with its text inside it. Any text meant for it is expected to use <br/> for line breaks because TextService isn’t given any bounds so I have more control over that.
Also, to reduce work done on every frame, tooltips are only updated ever ¼ of a second. This would look choppy, so a tween is used to disguise that.

Here’s a video of the new tooltips! It shows how they animate appearing/disappearing, and even how they shift to the other side of where my cursor would be as I move near the bottom-right corner of the game window.

6 Likes

It looks really nice and I like how the tooltips are smooth. It looks like the old UI style which was used back in the day. Your UI is pretty unique and it’s really nice!

1 Like

Aw, thank you! When I think of tooltips, I can only think of the classic yellow Windows tooltips, so that’s what they’re based on, but with my game’s rounded and cute styling.

It is really good to hear that my experience’s UI style is unique; A lot of Roblox games (usually when they’re in a specific genre) tend to have very similar UI styles. Like, some simulators have UIs that look like they were made by the same designer, and any One Piece/Blox Fruits-like game has the status, moves, and notifications in the same areas of the screen.

While I’m viewing this topic, here’s something else that I made today (entirely in Studio as usual for me), a keyboard’s QWERTY section. If it’s used, it’ll show the player what keys play notes on instruments in my experience. (Yes, there’ll be multiple layouts.)

“Page 1” and “Page 2” are placeholders, which would be replaced by the musical note names that would be played by those keys. There’s two pages so I can dedicate more rows to octaves, letting the player press a specific key to swap between the lower and higher octaves. I’m getting off-topic, though.

1 Like

Looks like it’s not complete. But I like the effort you put into it. I tried to make a keyboard in studio once. And… I’ll leave the guessing upto you :sweat_smile:

Forget that but it’s very nicely designed! Do you think you’ll work on Mac keyboards?

This will be a loading screen in the future.

16 Likes