Show off your UI designs

My chat (recreation of Discord) :
And my others UI things are not enough good to be shown here.

2 Likes

Damn, I know that this post is a bit older, but I am curious how you did that. Feel free to message me at any time or just reply.

This is mine.ShopBackround

3 Likes

I made this image for a surface gui on a part that will encourage players to get Roblox premiumRobloxPremiumSign

5 Likes

I think that I prefer UI designs that are more minimalist rather than bright UI designs that are very detailed and loaded with all sorts of effects.

1 Like

Been working on a prototype for a redesign of my Picular plugin. Looking to use @Elttob’s Fusion UI library to implement it, when that comes out. What do you think?

Social Preview

22 Likes

After seeing what you posted, I looked more into the plugin itself and actually installed it after watching the showcase YouTube video. Actually underrated.

2 Likes

the one in the middle looks like the Adobe Color Theme’s Panel assuming ur familiar with adobe apps.

3 Likes

@hello42 Thanks! That’s really sweet! Unfortunately the plugin doesn’t look like this right now, and the UI is rather large and clunky. I’d like to update to what’s shown in the screenshot/live prototype above soon!

@croblarx I haven’t used an Adobe product for quite a while now, and I’m not familiar with their theme panel, but at least I know that it’ll look familiar to those who use Adobe’s tools, which is great! I actually modelled the palette components after the Explore page on coolors (you might recognise some of the palettes in the screenshot).

1 Like

The adobe color theme panel is quite similar to coolors. The purpose of the adobe color theme panel is to help you create good color harmonys and you can browse other user generated color themes as well.Ppl will probably not recognize ur ui from adobe because it is a frequently used panel.

2 Likes

Upcoming UI toolkit for plugins
Style: Modern, flat
Software used: only Studio

The components from the toolkit won’t have any tweening, as studio plugins should be responsive and instant.
There will be a dark theme, but for now I’ll just finish the toolkit with light theme only.

7 Likes

Any Skeumorphic designers here?

1 Like

I like the UI design! Maybe a light mode for this as well? Overall, it looks awesome! :clap:

1 Like

Amazing!!! If you are ever looking for a job, hit me up on Discord!
Bobling_101#5355

1 Like

I don’t understand how ppl use Adobe XD for UI design even though Adobe XD is was made for UI design. Adobe XD doesn’t provide anything more than what Photoshop and Illustrator do for creating a UI for roblox because in order to create a UI for roblox, u need to upload an image in the .jpg or .png file format. So for XD you’ll have to export it as a .jpg or .png. Which Photoshop and Illustrator already do. So the only real thing XD might do is let you “preview” ur UI which is not that important.

1 Like

Thanks! It actually already has a light mode, I just didn’t include it in the screenshots/prototype ('cause I don’t have any sunglasses):

@croblarx I haven’t used XD, but I presume it’s basically the same thing as Figma. The main difference between those other Adobe products and XD is that it’s free, whereas the other Adobe Creative Suite programs require an expensive monthly subscription.

Illustrator is probably the most comparable to XD, as they are both vector-based editors. Illustrator’s features are more advanced and robust, but I’m willing to compromise on that for a free, cloud-based version. XD/Figma also have the added benefit of being collaborative, meaning you can work on the same design as someone else, at the same time. Great for instant feedback and teams.

Finally, the prototyping (“preview”) feature is really handy if you know how to use it. You can actually test out your designs as a semi-functional app before exporting and implementing the real thing. This means you can get your designs user friendly and perfect :ok_hand: before you start coding.

5 Likes

XD is used to both design UI and prototype UI, similar to Framer, which both Photoshop and Illustrator don’t have.

2 Likes

21 Likes

Yes, Adobe XD does allow u to prototype, however this cannot be embedded into ur file so Adobe XD for Roblox UI doesn’t do anything.

2 Likes

Prototype are not supposed to be exported, it is only used to preview the functionalities of your UI, mostly when presenting your design to a programmer, so they can recreate the design with code.

3 Likes