Show the parameters box from our own module's function(s)

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to see the parameters that we need in our own module’s function(s). For instance, type the following:

CFrame.New()

Above this function, you’ll see a box with the parameters you need in this function. If it’s not a built-in Roblox Function, you can’t see that. If you have a few functions, it’s not a problem. However, if you have tens to hundreds even thousands like me and others, it becomes an annoyance to find the parameters for those functions.

This is currently a thing with Visual Studio Code. However, we shouldn’t be having to go to an external code editor just to use this, instead, it should be built-in to Roblox.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because accessibility for functions and the parameters that are needed will show above and allow us to type seamlessly.

15 Likes

I’m more gearing towards how it’s not showing up with functions from modules.

I’ll state that in my post as it seems it may cause confusion.

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m misunderstanding the feature request, but it appears this feature is already on the road map for next quarter. :smiley:

8 Likes

Oh wow! Did not see that! I do wonder if my suggestion is a part of that feature, though I’d assume it probably would be.

4 Likes