[showcase] excavation site 27

howdy howdy everyone. this project is actually a collaboration between me and a nice young fellow named StillMemes! we really wanted to convey the feeling to the player that they shouldn’t be here. i think we did a very good job of conveying that vibe while still leaving the player wanting more. this showcase takes place in a mysterious abandoned mine after the disappearance of a group of miners. what made these miners vanish?

pics

contact stillmemes:
twitter: https://twitter.com/scoop34250571
disc: demonized#1283
contact me:
twitter: https://twitter.com/etsulo
disc: inkwaves#3218

thanks for reading! feedback is always appreciated <3

8 Likes

As a builder I’ve attempted to create showcases but never finished any, but this is amazing. It’s creations like these that show putting a ton of effort into something will have a good outcome. It also shows that some developers are making creations because they love it not for money or fame. Plus the concept is really cool, when I enter a showcase with no backstory I feel less enthusiastic about exploring, but when you give context to a great build people will want to look at its every detail. In all this build is amazing and it’s always good to see passionate developers and new showcases, as they aren’t being made that much anymore.

Best of luck to you both!
-DesertedArtist

3 Likes

thank you so much! we did put a ton of effort into this project, and i’m glad that everyone can enjoy it now! <3

2 Likes

Wow! I really love the third screenshot, It’s hard to find anything to change. Maybe in the mine shafts, maybe add some detail to the support beams and the tracks, other then that, it all looks great.

Here is some example for the detail on the tracks and support beams.

3 Likes

thanks so much for the feedback! i don’t want to overcrowd the mine area but i was planning on adding a little bit more detail

2 Likes

This looks amazing! Keep up the great work.

2 Likes

thank you so much! <3
(30characters)

1 Like

wow! this is great! you and that other friend of yours are really good. keep up the great work!

1 Like

ya ok, my friend actually needs to step it up cause he be slackin recently

2 Likes