Showcase - Nature Scenes

I created a scene, the trees i made myself. I handpainted a branch texture and use it to create the tree. for the bushes i grab images of the internet and did some edits in photoshop to delete the background and make it transparent

https://twitter.com/Soulskor

9 Likes

epic food
r u plan to use for project?
i like it lot
like low poly style on rock or stuff
what is that selection box thingy at 3rd image?/1!?!1

right im jus experimenting with different types of plants so we might end up using these, the selection box is jus an objects, when i took a screenshot i didnt notice i selected something

1 Like

The scenery looks beautiful, the amount of detail on the trees great as well. I only have some minor feedback to give as everything else looks good.

Here are some suggestions I have:

• The tree branches seems very sharp, try smoothing it out a bit. And near the end of the branches there’s a large cut which seems very rough.
  • The lighting is another issue, everything looks very dark even though it’s the middle of the day. I would try to turn the brightness up to make it seem more natural.
  • Try texturing some of your assets, I notice most of them look like they’re made out of smooth plastic, if they do have texture it’s really hard to see.

Otherwise, great work! :slightly_smiling_face:

Is this better

2 Likes

This is a major improvement from before!

Now that I have a good look at everything, I can finally see the texture for most of the assets, and it seems more open than before. The only thing I find odd is just the tree branches, but the rest is perfect.

Great work, it feels more lighter and has mystifying atmosphere.

Edit: Try finding references for the type of trees you want to do, that will help you get a clue on how to make the branches seem more natural.

kk thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!

I’m gonna be brutally honest. In my opinion it looks like trash. The trees are too blocky and the edges are too sharp. Trees are rounded and curve smoothly they don’t have hard edged and curve hard. Also the leaves look like they clump up at the very end which looks a bit weird. Also the rock doesn’t looks like a rock. Theres like no texture and it isnt rough and also the model itself is way to basic. You should put more detail in the model so it resembles more like a rock and the texture would add smaller details. The lantern looks alright its not bad it’s a bit basic which sometimes isnt a bad thing. But it might look better if it was transparent and had a candle or some light in there or had glass around the neon. And the flowers dont look bad but I think you should maybe mix some other flower colors and not a patch with different colors.

Also a thing that confuses me is that… What style are you going for? It’s hard for me to see if you’re going for realisim or stylized or cartoony/lowpoly style which confuses me cause the rocks look lowpoly/cartoony style I guess you could say mainly cause it looks too basic and cause it looks like theres no texture. But at the same time it feels like your going for a realistic style and the flowers look a bit realistic but the leaves look a bit stylized. It’s very confusing. And the tree texture and leaf texture looks a bit stylized.

To improve this

• Make your stuff look like the style you want. If it’s realistic get more detailed realistic textures and make your model more detailed.

• Look more closely at reference photos so search up the thing you want to make and look through to get an idea how it should look at the end

• And if you’re not already use pbr textures I’ll improve everything stylized or not.

• Also set your water reflectance to 1 which it probably is, same with the transparency it will look a lot better stylized or not

2 Likes