Showing a game I haven't recently played?

My home page is saying I recently played this game:

Even tho I never did. The game before that is my own place, which doesn’t have any teleport service or anything like that, so I haven’t been teleported out of it. Can anyone explain? I’m a little nervous someone somehow has got access to my account but I don’t know… I log out of all play sessions at the end of every night, and haven’t downloaded/touched anything that could cause any warrant to be afraid

Sorry I wasn’t sure what to put this under :grimacing:

9 Likes

I have seen this in my recently played before as well. Personally in my experience with it, I was in a game and teleported to another game through the game you showed above. The description of the one I came in counter with said something along the lines of “Made to make games load faster”. The dislike ratio frightened me at the time, however, as of now not thing has happened as a result of this game. It was a brief like half a second of joining that game.

2 Likes

like what @baitem said you may have been in the game for a split second and left not realizing, however I’m not sure how it would happen

2 Likes

I haven’t got this in my Recently Played. However, I looked at the creator of that game and to say the least, they look a little “suspicious”.

2 Likes

We should not jump to conclusions, however their should be an explanation to this as both myself and ninjo have experienced this without knowing at first. My guess is it is a place where they somehow get you while you teleport. It has nearly 1m place visits. Roblox should investigate this I do believe. I had this happen to me over a month ago but did not think much of it.

3 Likes

Wasn’t jumping to conclusions, only hinting at possibilities.
Plus, I have reasoning behind my guess:

• 810,204 in < 1 year with no large following
  • 809K of those visits are on ‘Redirect Zone’
  • Some suspicious looking models

Regardless, it must be something similar to what you’ve mentioned. Potentially to gain place visits without making it look too obvious (by teleporting from a game to their game and then back to the target place in teleportation). Although it may be a far guess, would it be similar to MeepCity’s attack, except a different motive?

3 Likes

I have been teleported out of a game that does not have teleport service before, this includes on of my own games, and brought to what I believe is this place. It seems to happen when I do crash in a game or when I am EXTREMELY laggy.

2 Likes

Thing is, they have been doing this for a while now. As stated, my instance was months ago, so it could not collaborate with the recent issues with popular games. They are probably different parties if I were to guess, as one is lurking in the shadows while the other is attacking a popular game with concurrent over 10k. It is unknown what this persons motive is, but yes the game is suspicious and can cause some concern. I checked their sales and it appears they are not trying to sell anything at all. I can’t formulate what their motives may be.

2 Likes

This example shown here will not allow you to play, rather it will have you join for a split second and then move you out of the game, at least in my instance.

2 Likes

Alright, I apologize in that case and will remove my post if needed. It would be nice to figure this out in case it is something malicious

3 Likes

They may have gotten teleported from a game.

1 Like

Maybe but what game would have implemented a random players system

1 Like

I had this problem a while back and I was always annoyed by it. I was sent to a different game called “Loading…”. I went through my game files and found a script called “ClientReplicator” it would send players who joined the game, be teleported to “Loading…” and send them back. I deleted the script, unfortunately I was unable to find what caused for the creation of this script, but I have a sneaking suspicion it was a free model I used. Maybe try looking for a script that looks out of place.

2 Likes

So recently Roblox has started to list games you are teleported to under recently played, you may not notice some as they are not the same places that you clicked to play on but this is intended. This provides more visibility into where you are being teleported and can even be used to find and report where backdoors lead to as the other posts in this thread suggest.

Teleports have been used maliciously for years now when games load a malicious script or when a module they load is compromised/crafted to attack your game. If you see a place in your recent visits that does not belong to you or your intended user flow then you can easily tell that your game has malicious scripts in it. Teleports are also used by those that regularly break TOS and get banned, you can see some spam games that rely on an external source to get game ids to teleport to once the owner is banned. Oddly enough a lot of these spam games are pretty high up on the mobile recommended page even though they have a very low playtime, perhaps the recommendation algorithm takes into account the playtime in the game that players are teleported to.

1 Like

Not recent – they’ve always done this. Recently Played shows all games you have visited recently, whether you clicked on Play or teleported into them from another game universe.

2 Likes

‘Recently Played’ has been on Roblox for as long as I can remember (earlier than 2011)

I don’t what your comment was trying to point out? I know that backdoors can cause teleports, however, the game played before it was my own game, with no free models and thus no backdoors.

No free models? Maybe a plugin? I remember now when the script first appeared I started using a plugin. Did you install any plugins recently?

No new plugins. A plugin shouldn’t interfere with in game plays. I’ve done full game searches for things like TeleportService and the games id, with nothing showing up

is there any require(id) script in your game? probably those contains malicious backdoor.

I have done some research and concluded that the account that owns the game called “Redirect Zone” is owned by someone called vw1ze. And the reason for such an odd name is because it was randomly generated by Name Snipes Generator. The evidence for this conclusion is that vw1ze has a badge from Name Snipes Generator.