Showing off my UI design

So recently I’ve been working on a UI for a clan - been having a bit of fun with it.

This is the full extent of the UI at this moment:

The two bars in the bottom right corner are health and ammo. The elements in the bottom left are for some customization options. I’ve also repositioned the shift lock button, as it was interfering with my design.
In the top you have the terminal status (left is hostiles, right is defenders). The error label is for showing errors that arise when loading data or from some other source.
Everything is fully scripted aside from the cosmetics system.

Here are some close-ups:
Screenshot_565
Screenshot_563
Screenshot_564

What’s your opinion? Are there any improvements I could make? Thanks :wink:

17 Likes

Neat design, something I wouldn’t be able to do! Can I ask what clan this is for out of curiosity? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

hey, that’s pretty good

1 Like

Thanks!

It’s called the Aritorian Conglomerate - it’s based off of PlanetSide 2.
Currently it’s recruiting and being developed.

2 Likes

Omg I love the NC. <3

1 Like

Noice design man, keep it up! I have always found this type of UI very appealing. Have you played around with the colours? I’d love to see this in different palettes of reds and blues

1 Like

Not yet, although I expect further along I’ll be redesigning some of it with the group’s colors.

Kinda wish this style was seen in games more - I actually got the idea from a Planetside 2 UI re-do idea.

Would look better with a Sci Fi font IMO

True and I would have used one if we could customize it. I find the Sci-Fi font is too curvy and a bit too… overused.

It doesn’t really suit the style of UI, so instead I went with the best font for everything: Source Sans

I think you should do a little tutorial on how you do your UIs.

1 Like

Looks amazing. I want to be a dank UI designer.

1 Like

I think I will make a general tutorial on it soon. Design is a very interesting thing to talk and think about :wink:

I like the “slanted” edges. (Idk what to call them)

And the UI being simplistic is a bonus. :ok_hand:

Oh, and the white border on the bottom of the bottom two UIs. :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

And also not some edgy font. :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

Can’t forget about the colors. :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

ok I’m done lol

1 Like

Haha lol

The slanted edges parts are just images (pro tip: images look best at the resolution they were saved as). I could’ve used 9-slicing instead of having an image for every object but I was lazy.

Spoiling my secrets already :slight_smile:

Really nice UI there!

1 Like

very nice design!

1 Like