Shutdown button on Develop page does nothing for universe places

On the Create > My/Group Creations > Places tab, when I select any place that isn’t the starter place of a game, and then open up the options and click “Shut Down All Servers”, absolutely nothing happens (does not shut down servers on universe places). The servers of all place instances under the game keep running.

Place attempted on: https://www.roblox.com/games/1441441649/W2-0
Time attempted: right before making this post. I was in a server myself and it was not shut down when I pressed that button 10 times.

You have to instead go to the page of the place itself and then select the shutdown option from there:

This is unexpected behavior because when the button says “Shut Down All Servers” I expect it to work the exact same way as the “Shut Down All Servers” dropdown option on the place’s own page. The expected behavior is that both buttons have the same effect when clicked.

9 Likes

We were not able to reproduce this. Can you try on a different game and see if it still occurs?

I can’t get it to occur on any other places that are feasible to try this on right now. (I cannot retry it on the place above at the moment because I don’t want to lose players reproing the issue)

I noticed that all of the places in Egg Hunt 2018 that were created outside of the universe and then moved into it had a starter place generated for them and moved under ownership of the group at 3/21/2019. So i.e. there is a populated “W2.0” place under the universe, and a generated “W2.0” baseplate under the group as well. I cannot reproduce it with places in Egg Hunt 2018 for which this does not hold. Perhaps related?

If that is not it either, I’ll have to see if it happens again and if I can find out more details.

This has happened to me, I have tried to shutdown all servers
however I was in game and the server did not shutdown at all.

The place is a universal place too. How can I shutdown universal places?

The button still works for me, are you sure? It could just be some games and not others.

This was resolved for me shortly after posting this thread IIRC but forgot to update the thread.

Going to mark as solved.

1 Like