Significant frame drop due to GetCameraDevices

I was getting an unusually significant number of dropped frames while playing a particular game today. The microprofiler shows that calls to GetCameraDevices are the cause of this. Given that this is a restricted API, I assume this is a problem with a corescript.

Here’s a link to the game. I haven’t been able to reproduce it on any others.

7 Likes

I couldn’t reproduce the bug in that game. Do you have voice chat + face tracking enabled?

2 Likes

I don’t have either of these enabled.

1 Like

This has been reported a couple times already and a Roblox staff member said that they were going to roll out some optimization efforts (Nov 16), but it’s still happening.

1 Like

Same thing?

I get 1.5 second hangs in GetCameraDevices sometimes as frequently as every few seconds. This is nearly unplayable.

These hangs have been happening fairly often for me over the past few months. I’ve only noticed them on my desktop, which has a Logitech C920 webcam. Haven’t ever noticed on my laptops or phone.

Also, this only seems to happen during some play sessions. For example a few minutes after that screenshot I joined a different PLS Donate server and had consistently smooth 60 FPS.

2 Likes