Significant number of VIP Server Links are not functioning at all

Bug:
Attempting to join a VIP server through a valid link code fails to join the game.

Reproducing the bug:
This does not seem to occur with everyone, but the majority of people I have talked to are unable to join through a link. Even though, here are the steps to reproduce the issue;

1. Fetch a valid VIP server join link
  2. Use the link to join the VIP server

I am running a Windows 10 Home desktop computer.
Chrome is up to date on Version 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)
All browser extensions are disabled

This bug started happening yesterday evening.

23 Likes

This has happened to countless people I know and I hope that it’d be fixed soon. The only fix I know of right now is to add individual people to the server which is quite a hassle.

1 Like

Can confirm this bug for a lot of my users, It needs to be fixed as soon as possible, some of my game’s training process is based on a VIP server and for now it is being halted because of that.

1 Like

I can reproduce this on Firefox Nightly (v70.0a1), I am unable to join any VIP servers from their links, my players for my game also tell me they’re unable to join any VIP servers from links too. I hope this bug can be promptly fixed, I like to host game events a lot and I’m unable to do this if no one can join through VIP server links.

1 Like

I can also reproduce this issue on Google Chrome (75.0.3770.142) on Windows 10 Home (Build 1803). I and a handful of people were having issues joining VIP servers via a link before an event. I hope this gets reviewed pretty soon.

1 Like

Happening to me as well.

Currently it seems like there’s a fix. Send the link inside of a friends chat and join the VIP server. That will allow you to do it.

2 Likes

This has been an issue for far too many months, surprising there isn’t many threads like this at all. It’s a severe issue that needs to be fixed!

1 Like

ROBLOX wide bug I believe.

Windows 8.1 here.

1 Like

I get this warning in the Google Chrome console. It seems related, I can see “launchmode”, which probably means that the browser is trying to launch a game. You can also see “was loaded over HTTPS”, which means that page wasn’t in HTTP.

Our engineering team has investigated these issues and pushed a fix, it should be live now!

If you still encounter this issue please let us know! Thanks!

14 Likes

This thread isn’t about mobile phone bugs. Please file a separate bug report for your issue.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.