Simple Bookcase Build

Hi, I made this simple bookcase in about 10-20 minutes cause I wanna practice my building skills and I need some other stuff than scripting on my portfolio,

I also need some feedback this is like the 4th time I’ve tried building and it’s the only way it came out the way I wanted to.

I just need some feedback

enjoy

Images

https://gyazo.com/1b80c65a382eac673667fe6ccea9bbb9

https://gyazo.com/ab08315cb4a6ff9a138ded051fb9c219

please be harsh, I wanna learn even if it will hurt a little.

peace,
fried

The books look ok, I would suggest changing the wood color from the oringinal color to something like brown or pine cone.

I think the white strap should stretch all the way around the book. But it looks kinda good.

I suggest reference images. This is okay, depending on what you’re looking for. If the books are that big though, I suggest you make them more elaborate in detail. You can always look for images on those too. Keep in mind the proportions to the player character, as if they were going to pick up a book and examine the shelf themselves.

@SuddenHearingLoss
Thank you, for your detailed reply I will certainly look into reference images,proportions are something I need to work on I usually just make it (bad habit of mine)

@Dolphin_Worm
yes I wanted to change the color but I wasn’t sure which color(s)

@reekyboi1234
Hmm, yes I will do that.

Thanks For Replying.:yum:

The color of the books is good, but the form is not so good. They are very plain and you can use the negate and union tools to give it more shape, like a trench between the spine and the cover and a white or yellowed block that is smaller than the cover to give it more depth. Maybe put some decals on the covers to books you like or references to thing. The shelf is also very plain. I would give it some walls or an irregular structure. Give the books some more variation in size and thickness as well as spine art and embellishments.

1 Like

Here are some tips for building:
Create irregular structures or add some outcrops to create more depth in your builds.
Import some things into blender and then import it back into roblox if you are going to be copying it over and over to optimize and cause less lag.
(This works for me) Do some commissions. They might give you a better sense of urgency because you have a clear goal and reward.

The shelf looks ok, but the books are a little strange. There’s no edge where the paper would be exposed, and I’m not too sure what the white things are.

yes, this was my first try I’m trying to add pages right now

the white edges not sure what there name is either.

but I know its part of a book