Simple feedback system [open sourced]

I reckon this is a better way to handle feedback since not only will the quality of feedback be better (if the user has to take their time to find the submit method/whatever) but also filtering won’t desecrate the text

I think it 100% needs to be filtered though, unfortunate but the alternative is children sending the cc details of their parents lol

Cool stuff tho OP, I think it’s so cool that more and more games i see are accepting player feedback, good effort to promote community involvement

Again, the easiest solution that meets guidelines to allow for in-game feedback is a simple confirmation screen.

The flow is simple:

1. User enters text into TextBox
  2. Selects “Submit”
  3. TextBox is hidden
  4. Loading message is displayed
  5. Feedback is sent to server
  6. Server filters it and return it to client
  7. Loading message is hidden/replaced with filtered message
  8. “Here’s your feedback” section displaying filtered feedback, as well as “Edit” and “Confirm” buttons
  9. If user selects “Edit” hide the display, unhide the TextBox, return to step 1.
  10. If the user selects “Confirm” send the feedback to whatever service you’d like to house it.

This puts it on the user to ensure that they have met filter requirements. There is no perfect solution in my opinion due to how the filter operates, but this should create a much more user-developer friendly experience.

1 Like

In my opinion that’d be extra work, and although I believe it’s possible the filter itself will usually only filter the words that are detected as bad.

My problem with the filter is it blocks any and all numbers you throw at it, making it extremely hard to actually receive any meaningful feedback. i.e. player says they were at a specific coordinate in-game, and the filter blocks it. That’s not directly aimed at the feedback system, but it is a problem present in milsims.

If the filter only blocked cursewords, and things that look to be personally identifiable information, then I’d have no problem of using such a feature. However the filter sometimes goes haywire and blocks everything you’re trying to say, even very simple phrases that aren’t even remotely close to inappropriate.

I am pretty sure the lack of a filter in a feedback system that will never be shown to another player, will go against the TOS. Haven’t heard anything from Staff, so I’m not entirely sure. The filter is broken for the most part however.

4 Likes

You can’t search for un-safe items since the name gets hash tagged during the creation of the asset?

The filtering for the creation of an asset and the searching are two different instances. Name filtering for asset creation is in place to, of course, prevent inappropriate names being applied to assets uploaded to the site. Please re-read my post regarding the search bar.

How does inappropriate content spawn up if you can’t search for that key word because that word can’t be created due to Roblox’s filtration system. If someone searches for a NSFW word then nothing should show up because that word can’t be created on an asset.

The filter on uploading content is a single layer to attempt to prevent inappropriate assets from reaching their way onto the site. The search bar is another layer for preventing millions of potentially inappropriate assets already uploaded from being looked at. There is a protection for existing assets and one for incoming assets.

Nice mate, I would use it for sure

you should update the model cause there is no need to change the webhook any more discord doesn’t using Osyris bypass is no longer an option and won’t work here is the post

How do I set up the discord bot, also, if I dont, where does the message go to? @MrSprinkleToes

It’s a webhook, you set those up in your server settings. I believe all instructions are in the readme file.

Did I use osyr.is? If I did, just simply replace that with the regular discord webhook URL. I’ll try to find the time to get around to updating the model eventually.

i did i just wanted to tell you so you can change the instructions in the model so others doesnt get as confused as i did before looking it up

Wasn’t there some big deal about discord banning servers/users who did this using roblox? Or did that all blow over?

1 Like

No instructions on the readme file. Can you maybe fix that or tell me how to in DMS?

Hello! I wan’t to know how do i make a category system? Such as: Feedback, User Report, Bugs, etc. That will help my game alot. [Idea]

I thought I did put instructions.
Simply go into your server settings, go to webhooks, create a new webhook and customize to your liking. Copy the webhook URL and put it where instructed in the script. Do note, you don’t have to modify the URL to discord.osyr.is anymore, just use the regular URL that discord gives you.

I believe they were banning people who did this because that was back when Roblox banned Discord webhooks, so people had to use proxies that didn’t have a throttle. People were spamming webhooks using these proxies causing Discord to ban them. Now that Roblox doesn’t ban Discord webhook URLs anymore, there is a throttle which should prevent any more bans. I haven’t experienced any issues with it.

Feature request: don’t send feedback if there are no alphanumeric characters (i.e. the whole thing got tagged) OR option to reject feedback if it has hashtags in it.

2 Likes