Simple R15 IK Foot-Planting Module

Summary

Hello, fellow developers! I created an extremely simple and easy-to-use module that integrates with any R15 game to make your character feel more realistic.

What’s foot-planting?

Foot-Planting is the process of aligning a character’s legs to match the surface they’re standing on, making the character feel more realistically integrated into their environment. I wanted to make a module that would achieve this efficiently and be easy to drag-and-drop into any project.

Examples

6293e29a5f22b12e916b7fbbd01c01d7-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter

How to use

Simply put the module into StarterPlayerScripts.

Module (Toolbox)
or
V1_Test.rbxl (63.5 KB)

Usage Rights

• If using the system in your game, I would appreciate credit, but ultimately it is not required.
  • Please do not claim use directly as your own.
  • Feel free to edit however you’d like to adjust to your own needs.
  • Please do not redistribute edited versions without credit or claim system as your own.

Feedback

I always look for feedback. I’m sure this system isn’t perfect, if anyone has any suggestions, edits, or feature requests, I’m listening.

I can’t test everything by myself, unfortunately.

Version History
1.0.0 - 1/9/2024 - Uploaded, Let me know of any issues you encounter.

25 Likes

This is the first dedicated module I’ve seen for R15 footplanting, good work! One thing I noticed is that there’s no smoothing on the IK, the feet snap into place. Is this customizable?

3 Likes

Some issues I’ve noticed when testing your system:

• When using non-default animations the legs can periodically spasm resulting in undesirable poses when animating on surfaces.
  • The legs seem to have a habit of wanting to drift together in your test space when left standing still.
  • On parts which are transparent, the hit detection still hits and causes the legs to fold into the body. This is easily fixed by a programmer however.
1 Like

FINALLY - i can walk down stairs properly

1 Like

This is really cool!
However, I tested and found out it doesn’t replicate server-side (may not replicate to other clients as well).

Looks good! However, I have noticed something. The legs spasm when using custom animation packages