Simple Slider For Changing EditQualityLevel

Since when do plugins have access to settings()? O_o

Since forever

I could have sworn it got blocked when they introduced the PluginSecurity context level.
Do they block the Studio settings at least?

Nope. You can change script editor colors, advanced objects layout (horizontal or vertical), etc. The changes donā€™t persist though, so the plugin has to set it every single time it runs, and if you uninstall the plugin, the changes arenā€™t saved to your settings.

Ah, that makes sense.
Well, none-the-less, I just wrote a plugin for toggling decomposition geometry.

1 Like

Donā€™t you have to re-open the place for that to take effect?

You need to force the parts to be re-rendered. Moving them with the move tool and collisions off (changes transparency) does this.

1 Like

Wait you can just change the transparency and it bumps?
Well that saves me the trouble. I was actually bumping the parent of the object to nil and back.

That would probably work.

Remember to add sound effects for clicks and sliding the slider.

1 Like

Why? It is functional as it is without sound.

Gotta have that AAA quality slider

I decided to make my own slider:

Imgur

I tried to make it as small and slim as possible, and I combined both EditQualityLevel and QualityLevel into one slider since thereā€™s no reason to modify them separately. I didnā€™t make a separate checkbox for auto, and instead made that the far left position on the slider.

I plan on adding a list of stats to the side, indicating whether certain visual effects (bloom, neon, etc.) are displayed at the current quality setting. You can help me populate this list.

What do you guys think?

2 Likes

Link to the plugin pls

1 Like

Itā€™s part of my work-in-progress Swiss Army Knife plugin.