Simple TypeSafe Checkpoint System! Perfect for all games and beginners!

Simple TypeSafe Checkpoints Module

When I first began creating ROBLOX games, my dream was to develop an obby game set across various intricately designed worlds. However, I lacked the necessary knowledge to implement a functioning checkpoint system. As a result, I abandoned that idea and shifted my focus to smaller projects.

Now, after roughly five years and countless hours of learning the programming language, I’m excited to introduce a solution that addresses this challenge: a straightforward, reliable, and user-friendly Checkpoints Module!

It’s not the best, and it’s still version one, however I plan on fully rewriting the whole module and system depending on how people like it, and of course, it’s open-source so feel free to do what you would like with it!

– oh, and by the way, it’s fully typesafe! (i think)

API
  • :getTotalCheckpoints() -> number
  • :initializeLeaderstats(...: Player) -> Folder
  • :registerCheckpoint(...: BasePart) -> ()
  • :getStages() -> {}
  • :getPlayerStage(...: Player) -> number
  • :goToStage(...: Model, ...: number?) -> ()
  • :listAllPlayersStages() -> {[Player]: number}
  • :resetPlayerStage(...: Player) -> ()
  • :savePlayerStage(...: Player) -> ()
  • :getPlayerStageByUserId(...: number) -> number
  • :teleportPlayerToStage(...: Player, ...: number) -> ()
  • :deletePlayerData(...: Player) -> ()
  • :initialiseClientRemoteEvent(...: Instance?) -> RemoteEvent
  • :getVersion() -> number
Setup

Create a folder in the workspace titled “Checkpoints” and add a part for every stage you would like, name the stage the stage number, such as shown below:

https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/17615461644

4 Likes

Hello! Thank you for the resource, very interesting the ability to have something working out-of-the-box.
Will you ever release a version that doesn’t require DataStore to work? And also, you may want to use ProfileService instead, since it’s more robust and heavily tested.
And will you ever release a version that could work cross-place (once reached a certain checkpoint, the user will be teleported to another place, checkpoints reset and level increased)? I know the use case is very small, but the game I’m working on right now requires it, and it would be very interesting to have it.
Keep up the good job!

I guess I could, however that version doesn’t apply to a greater community so I’d be more than happy to work as a commission for you and hardcode it into your game!