SimplePath - Pathfinding Module

I’ve since found the solution to the replied issue. For everyone who utilizes this module, please refer to this post, it may save you a headache in the future:

8 Likes

very good, but how can i do this with something like bodyposition as a example?

1 Like

That’s not simplepath’s problem, it’s the rig. Most likely the arms are causing this.

1 Like

It was issue with my script, the model was supposed to have attributes for speeds, like RunSpeed and WalkSpeed, but I forgot to add them so speed was always 0, I’m just really dumb.

1 Like

I got inspired by this module, and i used it on my first AI chaser for some testings.
and now ill tryna implement my own pathfinding module using this service, thx for sharing us your creation!

1 Like

Please help ):

2 Likes

no matter where it’s at it will keep jumping, is that normal?

3 Likes

It doesn’t work
The broken code in concern:

I don’t get the issue, I’m unable to reproduce it (used it in my worst game and didn’t experience the issue)

incredibly useful work thank you

whenever i put my pathfinding chase code onto bigger npc’s they start to turn sharply when i move alot, depends on how big the npc is
any help?

code:

vid:

2 Likes

Delete the while loop, just use the same script as the doc exmaplet

im having a bit of trouble with this.
when using this module on characters that are extremely large (nearly 230 studs tall), the module just doesnt work.
humanoid:moveto() works, but when i try to use path:run() the character just doesnt move.

Have you made sure that it actually works on normal characters too?

Yes, it works on normal characters, and I think I’m using everything correctly.

1 Like

Ai stutters alot when close, any help?

(sorry if the script is kinda messy)

Unfortunately, this is on Roblox’s side. Basically, the pathfinder is on the server, so if you have ping higher than zero, you’ll see delay. On the server, the pathfinder is caught up however, so just make a swing animation for the rake and it should look fine.

1 Like

For the stutter, isn’t there a fix for that by setting the network ownership of the npc to something?

Kind of. It may help with regular stuttering, but not with the issue where the npc can’t catch up after a certain point.

ah, ok, different issue , of moving … maybe the waypoints it is going to are to close together