SimpleRichText - Rich Text Abstracted

Hello all!
I was working on a game, trying to use rich text, when I just couldn’t be bothered to remember the syntax, so I made a nice module, out of spite, which abstracts all of those XML-like tags behind some nice properties and methods (oh yeah there’s method chaining :P)

The source, a full introduction, tutorials on different ways to use this module, and hopefully all the information you need is on my github here:

If you have any questions, issues, suggestions, nice words to say, or anything in between, feel free to create an issue on my github or reply to this post.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

rich text is such a nightmare to work with maybe it’s just me, I’m forgetful and I find this module super useful and easy to use.

Great job! Have you considered turning it into a plugin?

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words! This is actually my first ever resource, so it’s great that you think its good.

About making it into a plugin. I haven’t had the chance to mess with plugins before, however I could definitely look into it since I would like to eventually, and this could be a great way to learn. I’ll probably reply to this post if I ever do come up with something.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah no prob, I would like to see a plugin for this. There are other ones, but I dislike them because they’re either really janky or just bad.

Happy new year, good luck with your dev things and stuffs

RICH TEXT TAGS ARE SUCH A HEADACHE THANK YOU FOR THIS

cough cough But will you ever upload this as a Wally package?