Simply Golf - Pre-Release Log

Greetings, everyone! I’ve been soaking up the last weeks of summer, and I didnt work on the game at all. I’m not going to be releasing this game on the 17th, but I’ll try to have it out by the end of the year. No guarantees. I wont have too much time to work on it, but I’ll try to on the weekends and national holidays. I’ll post the new link to the update log in this thread when I release the game. One last time, thank you.

New update log upon release

Previous Logs

• Applied a force to the ball using the shooting system.
  • Started on making the ball shoot in the desired direction.
  • Started on different shooting techniques(chip shot, putting).

~ 20% Completed |||||||||||| :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Note: Greetings, Everyone! Just like that, one month has already rolled by. I have to say that I’ve exceeded my expectations for this project, and I cant wait to see the final product. I do have some bad news, though. While digging a hole by my house, I struck my Fiber Optics line, meaning that I could not work( studio was acting funny ) from Friday to Monday, which are my most productive days. If I want to have this done by the 17th, I will have to work harder than I have before on this project. I also may change the name.

New update logs every Monday

• Finished shooting system framework.
  • Started figuring out ways to apply a force to the ball using the aim and shooting system data.
  • Started researching club models to use for the game( too lazy to make my own ).

~ 16% Completed |||||||||| :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Note: Greetings, Everyone! Unfortunately, I lost interest and didnt work on it much this week, but I think I’m good now. I will be pushing the Betas’ release back to its original date of August 17th, I hope you all can understand. I know a lot of people might think posting this stuff on the DevForum is dumb, especially if nobody looks at it, but I’ve found that this is the only way I get motivation to work. See you all next week.

• Player line up script finished.
  • Added 2 camera angles the player can switch between.
  • Player aim script finished.
  • Started unique shooting system

~ 12% Completed |||||||| :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Note: Greetings, Everyone! I am glad to announce that I’ve once again found the motivation to continue working on this project. If you want to try out this game for yourself, I will be releasing a Beta on July 28th. Until then, I will continue working hard to make sure the release is as functional as possible. After that, this topic will no longer be active. Thank you!

• Basic golf ball physics finished.
  • Fairway texture created.
  • Finished player teebox teleport script.
  • Started player aim script

~ 4% Completed || :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Note: This is my first summer project, and I have to say that it is going by smoothly. I’ve been able to figure out any problems that I encountered, and I think I will be able to make the August 17th deadline. Thank you!

• The Simply Golf Ball Physics are now in development.
  • The first version of the driver has been made.
  • The driver backswing animation has been finished.

~ 2% Completed |::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::