Simulating suspensions

Hello !

I have been recently trying to lock suspensions on the Y axis, but it seems to be impossible.
But, I have thought about simulating suspensions in a script, which will be easier to manipulate.

Here’s the problem. I have no idea of how to do it, even not a plan…

I never tried to simulate physics and I couldn’t find anybody doing that.

Help would be appreciated ! :slight_smile:

So you’re trying to have the vehicle ‘float’ using scripts, and have the wheels stay ‘in contact’ with the ground?
Using physics and Constraints is pretty easy. If I could figure it out you should be able to as well.
https://www.roblox.com/games/534616891/Tracked-vehicle-Suspension-tests

Your game is pretty well made, I love it !

I’m certainly not capable to do this, but I think I didn’t detailed my topic enough and that’s my fault.

I want to avoid having my landing gears (on the following image) “sticking” out everywhere…
aaaaaaaaa
When physics come in action, this is the result :image

The problem is I really don’t know how to block only on the Y axis, I tried and wanted to follow a guide that explains how Roblox physical elements were working but I couldn’t find anything about that… :confused:

(also is your game open-source ? :slight_smile: )

Try using Prismatic Constraints. Here’s a demo video.

I have used your method and it seems to be what I want, but I’m having another problem as demonstrated in the following video…

00:00 to 00:20 → without Prismatic Constraints
00:20 to 00:34 → without Prismatic Constraints

You need to rotate the attachments so that they face upwards/downwards. Other than that, enabled “LimitsEnabled” and set the limits to however you’d like it to be.

1 Like

Yeah, you need to be careful when aligning all the Constraints, especially in more complex systems.
Springs usually need their FreeLength value set to where you want them to be, not where Roblox sets it up when you put it together.

1 Like