Simulator RPG GUI

commissioned

let me know what you think, any critiques or suggestions.

very simple and this post is mostly filler, but anything helps.

4 Likes

Idk what’s with it, but the backpack icon looks just off. Maybe try making it like that “Home” lookin’ icon in terms of shape, or try getting a different image for the backpack itself?

2 Likes

The base colors you have look good, what would really pull it together would be to be consistent in where you use which colors. The various blue and green elements share the same color temperature, but those orangy-buttons may fit in better with their surroundings if they match the yellow tone of the ‘Z’ upgrade slot in the bottom-right corner. That will give the eye a less ‘chaotic’ picture to look at and decipher, which makes your GUI nicer to use!

The vertical buttons on the left side of the screen share the same design pattern as the upgrade buttons in the bottom-right corner. But those orange and red buttons in the backpack do not. They have a gradient that stands out and doesn’t connect well with the rest of your GUI because no other element uses gradients like that. If you make those the same images as the other buttons, it will be more consistent which might help.

Also a very simple yet effective tip, is to make sure all your icon images are designed with a similar style. The one’s you have used currently have some wild differences; the backpack icon consists of thin lines and the compass has a filled-in shape. Some icon websites like Icons8 offer packages of icons that all fit together, so try to find some icons that fit with the style you want to use!

2 Likes

It looks alright, my main issue is with the gradient here:

Not entirely sure I like it like that, would be better keeping consistency with the theming of the right hand side of the inventory menu.

I would also advise that you’d change the inventory button style to the same style as the home and teleport buttons

I like how it feels interactive though

2 Likes

i honestly couldn’t find a solid-coloured backpack icon. i will try to keep the consistency next time with the icons.

ah yes, i think i should’ve known better with the colours of the gui, and i completely understand the eye strain aspect as well.

i did not think about the buttons being different until you brought it up. that definitely is something i will keep in mind, the consistency of the design

the icons i used could’ve been better i admit, there was a lot i put in the design that wasn’t completely thought out or strayed farther from the idea.