Simulator Shop Place

Hello there DevForum community, I just created a shop place for my simulator game. You can see the different view angles below, I’m looking for feedback, tips, tricks, and constructive criticism. Hope you enjoy!

Front View

Side View

Back View

Top View

13 Likes

handle being metal doesn’t look great, have the circle thing blend in more, make the windows not like a blu and white cross flag, make the bricks not just obnoxious squares make top have more thingies on it, and have more stuff all around the build

4 Likes

Its a good starting point! I would suggest scaling the doorknob down some as well as adding more depth to the front of the shop through the windows and door. As for the yellow trim you went with, I would suggest using the trim around the entire building since it looks a little strange only being on the front.

2 Likes

Quite promising indeed, I would recommend windows on the other sides (the most remarkable) and some external decorations such as plants, but I still love the style
although remember that you must give it the right atmosphere

2 Likes

If this is one of your first builds, it ok. I suggest adding more detail since the building looks very boring from all angles but the front. The white cross on the windows is too big and doesn’t look right with the rest of the building. Remove it. The store looks nothing more than just a rectangular prism with a sign on top. Most buildings in real life are a lot more complex in shape. Use a reference next time you build.

2 Likes

Hiya, first off this is a good attempt at a shop place, but there are a few things which should be considered:

• Scaling: I recommend using a ‘scale’ reference (type in toolbox ‘scale’ and find the Roblox default character) to ensure everything is proportionate. You should question, “is it tall enough, wide enough, do I need to change the door/ window size” etc…
    The scaling here isn’t that proportionate as the door looks enlarged outwards rather than up and the windows too low. With your inner window frames, scale it down! Change your scaling increments to at least 0.05 to give it more detail -even on a low poly building.
  • Wall detail: The side view shows minimal detail and to make these buildings in your game stand out, its crucial to add minor details which make all the difference. Try using the bricks you used on the front and skirting around the build to make it more realistic styled. Try to avoid complete plain walls, a perfect example of what to add could be airvents coming out, a back employee door, lighting, windows: the list goes on.
  • The building appears to be on a slant (tilted) maybe this was the intention but it makes it look less professional, again back to the realistic style you should aim for even if it is low poly: make sure it is structured on the right axis (on a right angle).
  • Use references if you are unsure of needed detail so you can make your builds as realistically styled as possible. Practice makes perfect!

This is some honest feedback, and I hope it can help you develop your skills and your project, this is a great base to start, good luck on your development! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fix the glasses For Make a better Building.

3 Likes

Alright, I added a reflection to the window, changed the material of the door knob to SmoothPlastic and I’m still adding some minor details, what do you mean by make top have more thingies on it.

2 Likes

Thank you, just adjusted that.

1 Like

I’m not much of a builder, but here’s my feedback:

It 100% gives off a vibe of a simulator game, but the colors are a bit drab/dull. And the windows, maybe the frame could be thinner, making it look better. Also, try adding more windows on the sides so it doesn’t look blank and plain, along with more bricks. Realign the “SHOP” text to make it centered, and make the doorknob fit with the plastic theme. If one thing is metallic and the rest isn’t, that makes it look out of place and also unnecessarily stands out.

Overall, 6/10 but keep up the good work!

2 Likes

It’s really difficult to read the “SHOP” text, try adding an outline to it or making it a darker colour.

The rest of the building, especially the sides, are super flat and could use more details. Try looking at more source material as reference.
I’d recommend making some of the corners more round by incorporating Cylinders (for example, the sign).

Things seem to be generally quite off-center as well, like the neon ring in front of the shop and the “SHOP” text at the top.

I feel this build could be improved massively with some simple tweaking and messing around more with colours. Don’t give up! :+1:

1 Like