Simultaneous Debugger is Here

tbh I should probably start using the debugger, it seems so useful but there is a learning curve.

That’s probably the reason some people still use prints.

I may use this, I definitely know LOTS of people will use this.

If only this was still enabled.

Will it be obvious whether your on the server or client? (Similar to how the blue and green bars were added to the F5 console output.) This would be great (when it’s fixed and re-released).

There’s already a little dot that shows you what side it’s on. Blue for client, green for server.

2 Likes

I believe he is referring to the debugger, not scripts.

Excuse me? Are you saying that you can debug a server script using the client debugger? No, that’s not possible. The colored dot that shows you what ‘side’ the script is on shows you what side the debugger is on for that specific script. How could it not? Please elaborate.

Right, I was interested in knowing if the IDE would indicate whether you’re stepping through code on the server versus the client. For instance, if you’re in a module script, it’s code that could be running on either so ideally the IDE should show where the current code is being executed. A blue versus green colored dot as shown in the screen capture would do the job.

But that’s exactly what the dot is for!

It shows the dot for module scripts!

That dot has been there for months!

Sorry if it wasn’t obvious but I was trying to validate your post, i.e. you answered my original question in that it indicates where the code is running. Not trying to say it doesn’t.

1 Like

Okay, sorry. You just kept phrasing it in certain ways and implying certain things over and over that suggest that this feature doesn’t exist, even though it does. I understand now though.

Some plugins (i.e. Anaminus’ Hotswap) have been proven not to work with APS turned on. That could be hugely problematic for plugin developers who rely on that ecosystem.

Even if I were to end up finding and re-toggling the FFlag assigned to that…

It is possible for you to view the source of plugins and to edit them. This has been done with many (broken) popular plugins.

However, this is off topic and would serve better on the APS post or a seperate topic.

1 Like

Awesome! Having to switch all the time made this feature not worth it for me, but now I will definitely give it another try.

You should use this instead: Accessible Plugins: per-place/game & editable/executable straight from the explorer

It is fully compatible with APS, supports per-place plugins, and doesn’t rely on loadstring.

1 Like

I have looked into that plugin’s source code. That would unfortunately require me to expend potentially unneeded hours; the plugin is quite complex in itself.

EchoReaper had pointed me to a likely viable alternative.

Given the prior announcement, when will the simultaneous debugger be back?

Hopefully within two weeks (that’s the standard minimum turnaround to get a change tested and released to production).

1 Like

It should be live now.
Apologies for the delay.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.