Single-player Story Game - SHELL STREET // ALPHA 2.0

Hello! My name is quebrado, and I’m one of the owners of Shell Entertainment!

We are working on a brand new project called Shell Street , a single-player story & adventure game. Also, have in mind that the game was designed for better computers. We are giving our best to make it more optimized, but it’s pretty hard!

We released a small alpha version a few months ago, and we had a pretty positive response from you guys. After a lot of work, we finished another Alpha, there’s a lot of new stuff, and in general, the game is way more organized.

With this new version ready, we would like some feedback from you, that would help us a lot! And yes… we are already planning to make this first chapter less boring in the future. (Because nobody likes to spend 10 minutes clicking in random boxes)

Don’t forget to check the “Social Links” Tab on the game’s page, because we now have a Discord server, and we are going to be posting some sneak-peaks there!

Test the game here: SHELL STREET

We have noted all of the changes we made in this new version:

• New models;
  • New & better Scripts;
  • New Menu;
  • New Intro;
  • Better Cutscenes;
  • New PC system in-game;
  • Completly new map;
  • New & redone missions.

We are planing so much for the game, including a good dub and even an original soundtrack! Maybe even some extra Chapters/Games for specific characters, who knows!

We are also still planing the game’s progression system, chapters, puzzles, and cutscenes.

Thank you so much for your attention! We are giving our best to make this a great game! The game’s story is still in progress, but we already have so much in mind!

17 Likes

insanely good, you should put some ads and even a trailer !!! i love the graphics too

3 Likes

As I got into the gameplay the camera started bobbing around, presumably from walking movement. Within about 10 minutes, the game had made me too nauseous to continue.

Game was a lot of fun!

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your feedback! We plan to add custom settings where you can disable the camera movement if you want :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the feedback man! :slight_smile:
We are going to follow your suggestion advertise the game.

1 Like

I gave it a try, and i am impressed! i didn’t fully play it, but i will soon, but i must say that the animating and modeling are amazing! keep it up you did a wonderful job :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This game is very well made.

Here is some feedback:

• The game very quickly feels in-depth and well thought out. This effect is slightly nullified, though, once the voice acting starts. Consider hiring some professional voice actors with high quality mics to voice your lines. It may take time, but I guarantee you will see a positive outcome from it.

• The camera bob effect is pretty aggressive. It also plays every time that a key’s input starts, even if forced UI is on your screen (this makes it seem like the player is walking while standing still).

• Mouse icon remains on-screen even though a custom crosshair is clearly put into place.

• Using tab to open and close your notepad always plays the toggle sound, even when a cooldown is in place for opening and closing the UI.

I can tell you guys have a lot of passion for this project, good luck with it. I enjoyed trying it a lot.

2 Likes

I hope it goes big, just please dont make the ads like this

(not to self promo but spanish is my main language if you want spanish translation anytime)

1 Like

Lol, we will make sure to not make something like this…And that’s amazing! It would be good to have someone to translate the game to Spanish, stay tuned because may we contact you in the future :wink:

Thank you very much for the feedback! It was very well explained. We will work hard to fix and to make the game even better.

I found a bug where if you sprint straight at the office and manage to push him you get stuck behind him.

2 Likes

yeah that happened to me too, altho i thought that i was cuffed by the officer and i was there for a solid 30 seconds

1 Like

Another thing: when I got close to the officer before doing the email it just teleported me behind him and trap me there yet again.

Consider hiring voice actors + you may wanna change the intro cutscene. The camera movement seemed very boring and the text wasn’t the best. Still, a very well done game! This may become very popular

You really need to give the player a clearer incentive of what they are supposed to be doing.
It took me 5 minutes to realize that I had to look at the small label on the boxes and go to the location and click on a random white box. I really think you should add hints and small details that signify to the player on what they are supposed to do.
To top it all off, I had no idea how to check the email, and I eventually got stuck behind the officer and quit.

TLDR; a lot of things could be fixed just by adding arrows & pointers to lead the player. (just remember to not overuse this!)

arrows and pointers make it look flooded imo, i prefer using hints like sthis

1 Like