Singleplayer or Multiplayer

I hope you’re all having a great day <3 . I’m currently working on a farming game, aka a budget version of stardew valley ig :P. I’d like to discuss the concept of keeping the game singleplayer and gather your opinions on whether this is a good direction to take.

Concept Overview:
The game will center around a singleplayer experience, where players can dive into a world of farming, exploration, and engaging NPC interactions. The aim is to create a wholesome and immersive environment, where players can build relationships with in-game characters and potentially trigger events based on those interactions.

I’m particularly interested in hearing your thoughts on the singleplayer aspect. While multiplayer games tend to be popular, I believe a singleplayer focus can provide a more personal and immersive experience, enabling players to fully engage with the narrative and world I’m creating. However i have concerns, since im workkng hard, and i will work for some time on it I dont want the game to flop rly hard :)).

I thought of this game as a relaxing singleplayer experience, but i can ofc change it to fit multiplayer…

What do you think about the decision to go singleplayer? Do you see any potential challenges or advantages that I might be overlooking? Your insights would be invaluable in helping me determine the best path forward for this project.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any advice you can provide. <33

• Singleplayer
  • Multiplayer

0 voters

New poll:

• Singleplayer
  • Singleplayer( but friends can join you on your farm)
  • Multiplayer ( with random people, each having their separate farm ofc )

0 voters

2 Likes

I mean, I barely see any singleplayer games on Roblox, and the platform is all about playing with friends. I’m sure the best course of action would be to give the player a choice between the two though!

3 Likes

Feeling like a mixture of both single and multiplayer would be cool.

2 Likes

multiplayer would be fun like that you can make the farm with each other and do missions i honestly almost never saw that on roblox

2 Likes

How about i make the game singleplayer but friends can still join you . So u can play with friends but not with randoms

1 Like

ye good idea do that i think that would work out

2 Likes

why not both?

i mean make a way for player to choose between multiplayer and singleplayer

1 Like

You can have the game be multiplayer, but if the player chooses to be on their own, to either get a free private server (if you’ll provide that) or do what Bloxburg does and add a perimeter around their farm so other players don’t interact with said player.

I made my game singleplayer bc I was lazy for making a teleport player lobby (like teleport lobby for 1 players,3 players etc) . But you should make a lobby or another thing so players can choose whatever they want.

1 Like