Singleplayer or multiplayer?

(Also I’m not sure if this is the right category for my question)

Hey folks,recently I’ve been wondering if i should make multiplayer or singleplayer games.I have some good ideas for singleplayer games and same goes with multiplayer,I just need to know which option is better for a long lasting game.If i make a singleplayer game i plan to add new content such as missions every month.On the other hand if i make a multiplayer game I’d basically do the same thing as my singleplayer game.But something really preventing me from making a singleplayer game is the A.I.I’ve never seen good A.I in ROBLOX games, for example if I want to make missions where there are shootouts against you and the A.I i don’t want the A.I to have aimbot and kill you in an instant or when you peak out of cover I don’t want the A.I to instantly kill you in one shot without you having time to react.So I came here for help,if you comment please say which type of game would be more profitable,long lasting, and overall more fun to play.

At last thank you for reading my post
-Demoneleender

1 Like

In my opinion singleplayer games are better, The solution for reaction is simple

Reaction script

wait(math.random(.05,.2))
–Everything else

Multiplayer games have too much trolls/toxic/hacking players.

1 Like

Okay,thanks!Single player games don’t make much income though,right?Multiplayer games make a lot of income because of…well microtransactions and being pay to win.The only way i can think of making robux out of a singleplayer game is not having it free to play and having donations as gamepasses.But if i don’t make it free to play it will drive away a lot of players since a lot of people on ROBLOX don’t have robux.

(Also I’m not a scripter lol)

1 Like

What are Roblox games designed for?
Roblox is designed as a social and multiplayer game. Singleplayer games remove that luxury and leave you by yourself. Notice that there aren’t very many singleplayer games on the front page? That is mostly because kids (the prime target of Roblox) play the game for it’s multiplayer aspect.
My Ideas
I would recommend focusing on making the game multiplayer for the reasons I’ve stated above. However, if you are more passionate with a singleplayer game, then there’s nothing stopping you. Just know that a singleplayer game probably won’t reach the same level of traction as a multiplayer game.

3 Likes

You’re right, but you can add developer products like
Med kits < if you lose all the med kits and you have low health then a popup will appear

1 Like

It depends if you want your game to have more of a social aspect to it. If you want your game to be more social it should be multiplayer. If you aren’t planning on a social aspect of the game then I believe it should be singleplayer.

2 Likes

Okay,thanks! 30 chars aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

I see,wouldn’t the game need to be harder though?That may drive away some players that aren’t good at the game and don’t have robux.

1 Like

Yeah,I know,the thing that is bugging me here is which game would be more successful and profitable.

1 Like

Singleplayer games can be high quality but typically require a large team and a massive budget to create because you have to make an engaging experience without using multiplayer. This typically requires extreme replayability or a highly developed storyline. (This only applies to singleplayer games that are designed to be front-pagers.)

You can make a singleplayer game but without a lot of resources to make it into a larger game you will not get as many players are you may desire. Most singleplayer games that are smaller scale could simply be multiplayer games, making the experience more enjoyable.

1 Like

Okay,thank you for the feedback but can you maybe place a number on a “larger team”?(how many developers)Can you also place a number on a “massive budget”?Also how long would the game need to be to hit front page?

1 Like

Multiplayer 100%.
If you want to develop a singleplayer game, unity and steam seem way more promising.
The strongest advantage of Roblox is that it has a constant flow of users you can tap into for basically free. Multiplayer makes games long lasting, and you can’t quite replicate the interactions and relations players have with NPCs or systems.

1 Like

Okay,thanks! 30 char is uncool

1 Like

Most singleplayer games that want to get players staying for hours on end need a developed storyline that keeps players interested. That requires a lot of diversity and attention to detail. You need to make use of scene changes, differing mechanics, and hopefully excellent animations. This is the only way I could feasibly see a singleplayer game hitting the front page.

To get that much quality you’d need several talented programmers who can collaborate at scale, a UI designer (or a programmer who can do UI Design), an Animations expert who can work with blender (preferably), a Modeler and a Terrain Designer (or both) as well as a story writer/game designer.

That’s why most “Singleplayer” games (Obbies and other games where you don’t really interact with other players asides from chat) are multiplayer. They have no reason to make it singleplayer despite the gameplay loop not involving multiplayer as much.

1 Like

Okay,thank you for all the feedback!I’m probably going to make a good singleplayer games regardless (since it’s my dream game for roblox)but i just wanted to see what i am getting myself into and if it was profitable.

1 Like

I wish you luck! A good singleplayer game can be profitable if executed well. Remember that all major gameplay components have to shine (Terrain, Models, Programming, UI, Animation) and to do that you may have to assemble and manage a big team.

1 Like

I am working on 2 singleplayer story games

Yeah, story is always huge with a lot of interactivibilty

2 Likes

I wish you good luck with your 2 games!

2 Likes

Thank you. I work on them with all my time.

1 Like