Sit and tool holding animations not working

Hello there! I am making an SCP game and all is well and good. I use skinned meshes for the characters. I made an Animate script which works fine except for 2 things. One, whenever I sit (i made an animation already), it is just the default pose (aka animation doesn’t work). That applies to the tool-holding animation as well. I change the animation IDs every time I revamp the script to a sit and tool hold animation that is supposed to work but does not. Help would be appreciated.

Send code. We cannot help without the code.

Hello there. This is not custom code, it is the R15 animate script. The preset one from Roblox. So, the script has variable things, and under those things are the Animations that correspond to either the sit, tool holding, walk, run and etc. animations. I change the IDs of the sit and tool hold animations like the walk and run animations. The walk and run work fine, but the sit and tool hold does not.

Do you own the sit and hold animations/are they uploaded to ur account or group?

also my bad I did not know u where talking about the default one

Yes, I do own them. It’s alright, mistakes happen!

Are you sure you have the right animation and everything in the script? Tbh I don’t know any other reasons it may not be working,

I will check, maybe I did something wrong? Keeping you updated.

It might be that you havent updated the id on the actual script, and have in inside the script, as the animate script is fussy and has 2 definitions for animations

1 Like

If they’re not working you must have changed them wrongly otherwise they should be working. Can you please show us screenshot of how you changed the IDs?

1 Like

Oh wow! 2 replies at once. To both you and Tinybndevforum, I will send a screenshot of what I did.

I changed both the ToolNone (toollunge and toolslash as well) and SitAnim in the children of the script. I did not do anything with the actual script with the animations though. Wacky.

Oh yeah there’s your problem. Firstly you’re not changing the id in the script itself, you should be changing them on Animation instance and the script.

And secondly, you should be doing “rbxassetid://animationid” to change your ids.

Wow thank you! Gonna try this and see how it goes! (Am a little confused, how does www.roblox.com/asset/?id=anything work for the walk and run then?)

Alright. Doing it right now and like I said, gonna see how it goes.

It still doesn’t work??? Roblox is a pain in the [bepis].

I changed the sit animation id to rbxassetid://myidhere in the script and in the children Animation thing.

Be back in like 1hr or something, if I miss a reply (probably won’t happen) I’ll see it soon.