When you open the site chat, located at the bottom-right of the website, you are greeted with a list of recently messaged friends. When you click a user and your chat history is displayed, there should be an icon at the top-right with the game that they are currently playing as shown below. This makes it easier to find out what game your friends are playing and allows you to join them if you are also interested in playing it.
However, if you are currently, or have recently played a game, then this is not the case. It instead shows you the icon of the game that you are currently playing, regardless of whether they’re even online or not.
While testing around to see if I could find anything that might help discover the cause of the bug, I determined the following:
- Before playing a game myself, everything appeared to fine. Icons only appeared if that user was in a game, and the icon displayed was correct.
- While playing a game, all of my friends were given the icon and details of the game that I was playing, regardless of whether they were playing a different game or were even online.
- After leaving the game, waiting for over 30 minutes and refreshing the page, all my friends still have the icon of the game that I was playing.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go onto the website and open the chat located at the bottom-right.
- Find some of your friends that are in-game, offline and note how the state of the icon displayed is correct.
- Start playing any Roblox game for a minute or two.
- Refresh and check the icons again, they should now all be the icons of the game that you are playing.
- Leave the Roblox game
- Check the icons once again, they should still be the icons of the game that you were playing despite the fact that you’ve left.
While this isn’t a major bug, I still feel that it’s something that should be looked into, as it means that some players might not become aware that their friends are in a game that they would be interested in joining too, potentially very minorly affecting traffic.