Skin mesh bones keep breaking for certain character objects

I’m trying to Import this skinned mesh I made into roblox studio

The issue is that some of the bones that control disconnected objects in my custom character do not work.

there are other parented bones that have worked in this character, I’m not sure why those worked.

The eyebones and the mouth bones were the ones I was having trouble with.
Originally the eyebones were parented with keep offset to the rest of the structure.

I tried splitting up the bones so that 4 bones weren’t parented to one, that might’ve fixed the problem with the mouth but I can’t remember, nevertheless the eyes were still broken

I spent 3 hours going through trial and error, re-parenting and weight painting to come up with this which worked for a while,

but for some reason just stopped working again after making adjustments re-exporting
Other information is that:
I used blender for the model, each of the meshes have image textures but the import without errors into roblox studio,
the only errors I get in the import page are for working parts of the model:

I have tried importing with both leaf bones and without, I scale down my mesh to 0.01 on the export settings, I have tried adding extra bones, I export with bake animation off, I export models as fbx, I imported this model to roblox using the import 3D tool in roblox studio under Avatar->File
I just tried adding extra bones + exporting the mesh at 1.00 size to fix the issue, no luck

The eye bones are connected to each other

both the body and the eyes have the weight paint groups for the eyes

I can send the file if you think it would help

2 Likes

I have found 2 meh but viable solution
the less appealing but slightly less mess one is animating the eyes as objects, the problem with this is I am not aware if roblox has an option to make the pivot point your previously selected object so this would be tedious, also I don’t want to admit defeat

the option I prefer is having 2 bones for the eye like this, each controlling half of the eye

I still don’t know exactly what I did and why it works over the beak bones, dear roblox pls clean up mesh importing pls oh pls oh pls

2 Likes

Did you re-apply the armature to the mesh?

I did clear the parent of the objects and reparent them to the armature multiple times

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.