Skinned Mesh Animation Won't Play Animation

I am trying to make a walk animation for my custom skinned mesh, but nothing happens. the rig just t posed all the way to me
patrick squidward
Here’s the code:

local humanoid = script.Parent.Humanoid

humanoid.StateChanged:Connect(function(oldState, newState)
	if newState == Enum.HumanoidStateType.Running then
		print(newState)
		humanoid.Animator:LoadAnimation(script.Walk):Play()
	end
end)

What went wrong? I searched through devforum and none of the solutions worked

Edit: i printed every 1 second if there’s any animation playing. it prints that the animation is playing but in reality it ain’t
Edit 2 : i found the solution , i put an animationcontroller inside the real skinned mesh instance and played animation through it

1 Like

From what i see , yes. #3000000000000000

It probably has to do with the usual animation issue, the game creator and the animation creator are not the same person or group.
If this is the case, please upload the animation to the game’s creator or let the owner of the game upload it himself.

but its my own game. and my own animation.

Try removing the AnimationController, Animation object and then create the Animation object inside the script.

1 Like

ayh sorry dude this is already 6 month and i solved it A LONG time ago

Its alright, you should probably close the topic though.

I know this is a very old post, but how did you solve it? I’m currently having a issue with my skinned mesh, i am using roblox’s animation script, i put the animation ids on the script and the animation children from the script, and the animations are uploaded on my account. I’m struggling with this, and there aren’t other posts that solved my solution.

I don’t exactly remember since its a long time ago and pardon if I am wrong, but I don’t use the usual animate script, instead, I use state checking to check if the character is running or not and played the animation using the animationcontroller ( the animation controller is inside the skinned mesh and not the character model).

local humanoid = script.Parent.Humanoid

humanoid.StateChanged:Connect(function(oldState, newState)
	if newState == Enum.HumanoidStateType.Running then
		print(newState)
		script.Parent.SkinnedMesh.AnimationController:LoadAnimation(script.Walk):Play()
	end
end)
2 Likes