Skinned Mesh FBX Animations Don't Import

Hi everyone!

I imported a FBX skinned mesh arms with animations into Roblox using the avatar importer. The animations import and work find for all but one of the parts in the FBX. That part doesn’t receive the proper animations. I opened the FBX with Blender, but the animation still works there. Is there anything I’m doing wrong?

Video of issue:

How’s the gun rigged to the arm? Looks like it’s not rigged in correctly.

What do you mean? I just imported it with the avatar importer, which automatically uses motor6ds to attach everything to the root part. The gun just doesn’t have animations.

The gun is not moving. It seems that its not rigged correctly.

1 Like

Okay, good to know. How do I fix it and rig it correctly? Sorry for my stupidness, I don’t usually rig stuff.

Sorry, but I can help you on that. But here is a video that I found:

If that is what your looking for.

Thanks! However, the animation works fine in Blender. The gun is attached to the hand and everything, but only when I import it to Roblox does it stop working, so I think that its a Roblox problem not a Blender one.

See this, it might help:

Have you had any luck with this? There are numerous things to check. It looks to me that the bone the gun is skinned to is not loading (and thus it does not move), or that the gun is parented to, but not skinned to, the bone. Blender can handle parenting, Roblox cannot.