Skinned MeshParts are live!

I fixed this on one of my characters by adjusting the hip height.

at first i thought it was staying at center but suddenly realized that i got the hip modified because mixamo has hip keyframe so i managed to fix it by removing it from blender first to adjust a origin point

1 Like

also another bug again This is how it’s supposed to be (before rigging)

after rigged and imported to the game (i separated)

LowerTorso just floats! and i can’t get things done again because of this
But somehow imported as Custom fixes the problem but i need it to be as S15 so i can turn my character into playable rigs

EDIT: found out that i need to move the origin part so no need to tell me what to do but still this is a bug

1 Like

No worries, but yea it appears having the beta feature enabled was what caused that problem with the automatic positioning, regardless of if you are using cages or not.

2 Likes

Also it appears the flickering when changing TextureID is back, but it doesn’t occur every time?? The issue seemed to be patched but I started to notice it again rn

2 Likes

Is it really worth the hassle for skinned mesh characters because it can’t do most of the stuff that a normal avatar can like holding tools or using touch events there cool and they make custom character models better but is it worth all the stuff you need to do to get to use those things?

1 Like

If the goal is to just copy R15 without seams, then it probably is not worth the effort. If the goal is the next level (something you can’t currently find in roblox), then it absolutely is.

1 Like

The goal would to be to have a good looking character model that would be easier to have one custom to the game that looks nice and not clunky

Holding tools and Touched events are not that hard to do with a custom character. I am actually making a custom character rn and, although it has been a bit hard it is working out pretty well. So for Touched events and can collide, you can cut out the main part of your mesh that stays in around the same place during your animations, weld it to your mesh and turn cancollide on and transparency to 1, if the hrp is in a decent position then you can use that but then it will be blocky. For holding tools i already posted something here that works pretty well, but i will probably add a follow up to it that will work better soon.
If you really want, you can use scripts to track the position of the bones and just have some rigid parts that follow their CFrames. However, that would be laggy and possibly inaccurate because meshs can stretch.
my skinned mesh is kinda glitchy though because of the bug i posted earlier

So you made a post how to make them hold tools because that’s the main thing that needs to be able to happen.

So I found your post with the script it works but I cant move the positions not in the script or just moving it. It only stays in the center

What are you trying to accomplish? A video would help

well in your post of how to make the skinned mesh hold tools you say to tweak the cframe to get the hold position where you want but whenever i change it it doesnt move.

this part of the script when i change it it wont move

on the client or server? I am aware that motor6ds do not replicate, so it will only look good on the client, but i have found a way to do it better which i will share soon.
also can you take a screenshot of your script?

local LocalPlayer = game.Players.LocalPlayer

local Character = LocalPlayer.Character or LocalPlayer.CharacterAdded:Wait()

local hrp = Character:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")

local RunService = game:GetService("RunService")

local boneparent = hrp--or the parent of your bones

local bone = boneparent:FindFirstChild(RightHand, true)--or the bone that you want it to track

local mesh = Character:FindFirstChild(Cube)

local handToPartCenter = CFrame.Angles(math.rad(0), math.rad(00), math.rad(0))+Vector3.new(0,0,0) --tweak until it looks good

RunService.Stepped:Connect(function(time, step)

if Character then

```local partCFrame = bone.TransformedWorldCFrame * handToPartCenter

Character.RightHand.Motor6D.Transform = (mesh.CFrame:Inverse() * partCFrame)

end

end)

so this is on the client when i adjust it it won’t change the position it also doesnt play animations which i guess is normal

1 Like

shouldn’t Righthand and Cube be strings("")?

what do you mean how should it look like? I just followed your post

well if you are doing FindFirstChild() then you need to put the name of the child in a string, for example: Character:FindFirstChild(“Cube”)

ohh thats what you meant by string i forgot what string meant