Skinned MeshParts are live!

alright changed them to strings but i have got this error

Workspace.lootlamabud.ToolHold:14: attempt to index nil with ‘TransformedWorldCFrame’

the bone is the object with the classname = “bone” and that is the bone that you want to track
these are all bones, baseparts are not bones and do not have the property “TransformedWorldCFrame” because only bones have that property.

now i have a new error
Motor6D is not a valid member of Part “Workspace.lootlamabud.RightHand”

can you please play your game, go into the game explorer, go to your character and expand everything under it and take a screenshot of it so that i know how you organized it.

image some parts are a little cut off because i couldn’t fit it all but all of its there

the motor 6d that you created between the righthand and the mesh should be parented to the RightHand that is a part

right hand bone or part and it is between the mesh or the HRP

the righthand that is a part, not the bone

alright i have this error now
Workspace.lootlamabud.ToolHold:15: attempt to index nil with ‘CFrame’

that is because your cube is parented to your hrp and not your character, i would recommend parenting the part “RightHand” and your mesh “Cube” to your character

what should i have part0 on the motor6d the “Cube” or the hrp

part0 should be the hrp and part1 should be RightHand***
Edit:Sorry i meant RightHand

1 Like

but now it cant hold the tool when i had part1 on righthand it could hold it

Workspace.lootlamabud.ToolHold:14: attempt to index nil with ‘TransformedWorldCFrame’

i have this error

can you take a screenshot of your script in roblox studio,if you are on windows you can use the snipping tool

this is the script see i tired to move the tool using the handToPartCenter

make sure that the RightHand part is parented to your character and not the hrp, if it is parented to the hrp, the FindFirstChild() will find it instead of the RightHand that is a bone.
Edit: by character i mean he starter character model

The character mesh or the StarterCharacter model

im still getting the error

Workspace.lootlamabud.ToolHold:15: attempt to index nil with ‘CFrame’

1 Like

Here is an example using the Lola character that was supplied at the top post of this topic: